Overlook in El Paso, Tx

rickyg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Longtime lurker. Posting a couple of pictures from my Holiday vacation to El Paso Tx. These are taken at the Overlook in the Mountains of El Paso, Tx. Comments and Critiques are encouraged.

miralejos.jpg

trio.jpg

Nias--El-Paso.jpg

The first two are quite interesting concept.
IMO, #3 falls flat.
(you might read the FAQ on posting sizes)

(you might read the FAQ on posting sizes)

My apologies. I have resized them.

Hiya ricky, and welcome to ThePhotoForum.

Of this little series which all in all follows an interesting concept of DOF and motif, I like the second best because of the nice (and nicely compressed by the telezoom) arrangement of the ... erm :scratch: ... the ... looking devices (don't know their name just now :oops: ). It is obvious that you did not mean to show a clear and sharp view of El Paso, anyway, which is in a haze and not all in focus, so I like that arrangement best.

Good concept, I like 2 the most for DOF. Compositionally, I prefer 2 also; however I would like to see it with a more aerial view (( pointing downwards )) similar to that of number 1. That way one could see more city and less sky.

-Will

I like 1 & 2 wish there was a tad more light on the viewmaster thingy in the first one... but i like it. the last, i think would have been better if the girl wasnt hidden so much behind the ... viewmaster thingy...
good work!

however I would like to see it with a more aerial view (( pointing downwards ))

Yeah, the issue with that was with the way the overlook is situated. I took some shots of the three viewmaster-thingies but I was unable to get one i liked, as it forced me to get the road and parked cars in the shot.

Also, I wish I'd taken more pictures with the girls, I don't think that just showing their backs does much. There was probably a good shot to be had there, but I missed the right opportunity.

Thanks for the kind words.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back