Overpass - Slow Shutter

xmaxonx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I haven't posted on here in quite some time, but I have been drawn back here and decided I am going to purchase a new camera in the near future once I get some money together. I am still quite new to photography in the sense that I usually only take pictures without thinking..so they are more like snapshots or something. Here is a picture I took this evening/night on an overpass near my house. I know it's not great, that is why I posted it here. I do not have a tripod and I was using my sisters camera..here is the outcome. Let me know what you think.

cruisin.jpg

So your next step should be: buy that tripod.
And then, if you get the chance, maybe poke the lens through the fence.
Furthermore, I get the distinct impression that you let the camera decide (automatically) what aperture and what shutter speed to choose? At night, you fare better once you set the camera yourself, according to what you think are the best settings. That'd then rule out things the camera went for here: too high ISO, too widely open aperture (it sure went for WIDEST OPEN) - but the "price" you'll pay for this is: looooong shutter speed. Hence: only possible WITH that tripod you're going to get yourself --- NOW! :D

I tried poking the lens through the fence but didn't like how it turned out. I set the shutter speed, and this was my first try with that. I'm still learning everything about shutter speed, ISO, etc. My next step..buy a camera possibly and get a tripod with it. I will make you proud someday..someday.

EDIT: I am also not even sure what settings I can mess around with on this camera..it's not a SLR/DSLR. It's just a Canon Powershot SD 790. Thank you for the advice though LaFoto..you commented on my first thread post ever also :D ahah.

Nice idea i like the fence, but yea def get yourself a tripod

Most reactions

New Topics

Back