Owharoa Falls

fokker

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
There's a few waterfall shots posted up here at the moment so I thought I'd join in with this one, taken at Owharoa Falls - Karangahake Gorge on the way to Whangamata (New Zealand).

This was handheld with the canon 17-55 2.8 IS at 42mm, 1/3 second, f/11 ISO 100.

4488698545_9de138847e.jpg

So how'd I do?

Would it have been possible to include the source of the waterfall.. ( where the water is falling from up top)? Even though the top is chopped off, I really do like this.. i love how the water blurred...and i LOVE the rainbow at the bottom of the falls! Gorgeous waterfall!

Hi, thanks for your comments. I have several other shots including the source of the falls, but none that included the rainbow which I thought was the icing on the cake for that shot.

Here is one with a wider view:

4490254027_48332ed412.jpg

20mm, ISO 100, f/22, 2sec exposure handheld braced against a tree

Both are really good shots! Handheld... great job!

Seeing where the water is falling from does help the mind some.

Wow! I love the color and the sky is PERFECT!

Thanks :) Had a little help from my friend, Mr Hoya, C.P.L. on that one. Also learned that CPL filters kill rainbows quite effectively!

I like how you cought the rainbow in #1, but I like the second the best. the first is a good shot, but I find myself following the water up and out of the top of the frame.

It's really sharp for handheld at 1/3! Nice smooth motion blur in the waterfall too.

"the first is a good shot, but I find myself following the water up and out of the top of the frame."

yeah, me too... would really like to see this shot in vertical format, but with the same tight crop, to get just above the top of the falls but still capture the rainbow... nonetheless, both are good shots, looks like a very scenic spot!

Well done. It is hard to remember ALL the things you should've would've could've done to make it better.

I'd probably concentrated on the rainbow myself.
Rather nicely done for hand held exposure!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back