Own a D200...thinking of going to D700

Haha, well if the d200 has been good enough to you, the d700 will be like a whole new world, *cue Pocahontas music*

i recently did the same upgrade, it was worth it. My only casualty was my 10-20mm sigma, but lenses fetch so much $$ used that it wasnt a big hit, i replaced it with a 17mm off brand prime for half of what i got for my used lens.

one benifit of full frame that is largely overlooked is the amazingly tight dof field u get with fast lenses, now my 50mm f1.4 no longer takes photos that look like a 85mm f2.8!!!

A few people probably wont feel the same way but in my opinion I would take a D700 over a D3S any day of the week. It's just to big to carry around with you.

As for the D700, there are two rumors, the D700x with a complete remake, and the D700s with some crap like the D300s got.

not to mention Nikon loves to put a big price tag when they upgrade current models... that D3s sells for what, $8,000???? so then they can make a D3SX in two more years and sell it for $10G?... lol... i friggin hate technology, they rob me of my money!! same with computers!! you buy the top of the line so in 3 years its crap compared to what they will have out. grrr... There's always gonna be something new and better coming out right after you make a big purchase... lol... so if you can get it now, get it now :)

I own a d200 myself. If I had the cash to spend, I would go d700 without a second thought.

Most reactions

Back