Owners Permission?

Wolff

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
traciwolffphotography.shutterfly.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I plan on checking out some antique car shows this summer and would love to turn it into a photo series. Since I would potentially show/sell the photos are there any legal issues I should consider? Do I need any sort of permission from the owners?

You'll need a property release since you plan on selling them.

I would get permission, just to be safe... although I think most car owners would love the idea.

What about having each owner talk a bit about his/her car... and then using their words as part of your photo series.

In other words, work with the car owners... and I'm sure you'll find most of them eager to talk to you.

Talking to them is a great way to build rapport before asking to snap off pictures. Being a car guy myself, it really depends on who you run into, but I'd say a good 90% of the people I know would be happy to let you take a picture of the car if you give them a copy. Getting the story of the car can also give you more interesting point of views to shoot from. Say this car had a modified fender or something, you could focus on that.

I agree with S2K1. A guy once asked my dad if he could include my dad's Ferrari in a shoot that he was going to make calendars out of and sell. My dad agreed on the condition that he got a copy of the calendar and it was that simple.

Most reactions

Back