Oxford 6th July - Carnival!

tempra

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.artzam.com
It's the Cowley Road Carnival in Oxford on Sunday 6th July.

If anyone is coming, we could have a meet up.

Procession starts at 12 o'clock, and there is lots of stuff to see and do - street performers, bands, DJ's, Choirs all sorts of stuff.

Lots of good food to be had from various corners of the world and possibly a beer or two for those who partake.

Let me know if you want to come (as I'm going with the family) and we could meet up.

Here is a Flickr site with shots of last years carnival - theme this year is masquerade, bring your masks!

http://www.flickr.com/groups/391634@N20/

Darn, if I didn't have something else on that weekend, I might have made the trip. Looks like fun! Have a great time, and hope to see some pics.

I was serious. If I didn't have a charity event that weekend (which I help organize), I'd consider making the trip. I've never been to Oxford.

Can't make it. :(

Got an autotest in Bedford, an auto-jumble in Bovingdon and a club event in Warwick to choose between already. I plan to try for the auto-test and car show.

Slightly unfortunately, I won't be in the country either, otherwise Cowley it would have been - not visited those parts since 1981 when I was stationed at RAF Benson - I have a few fond memories of the place (I'll not try to explain)

Tony, it's so enticing!
But Andreas would think it very unfortunate if he made the trek up north from Bochum for the weekend and I'd fly out to Oxford right then ... :roll:

Tony, it's so enticing!
But Andreas would think it very unfortunate if he made the trek up north from Bochum for the weekend and I'd fly out to Oxford right then ... :roll:

Bring him along!

As for myself, will see what I can do, depends on vacation plans and job.

He might need to fly over to Britain himself one of those days, anyway, so might not feel like going again (on our own costs). Plus new trips to the States are already on schedule, so he might not find the idea overly attractive (he loves his peace and quiet on the weekends, please no one go disturb it! :roll: )

id love to come but the timing isnt practical

from where i am its a 3 hour train,
if i left at 10 id get into oxford center at 1 and wud have to get the train back at 4, so by the time i got the the carnival and back id only be there for 2 hours!

still undecided, but trying to make it possible. :)

Cool, only a week and a half left - possibles as I recall are :

Alex B
Hertz
LP
Becky

Myself and Sandie (my wife) will be there, along with the kids and a few other members of my family, there are also quite a few people from my photography class going to make it down there as well, one of them has a sister who will be DJing at one of the bars along the way.

Louise will be singing in her choir, and thousands of other people will be milling around soaking up the atmosphere (and probably a few beers ;))

Anty, whenever you want to come to Oxford you are more than welcome - just let me know.

id love to come but the timing isnt practical

from where i am its a 3 hour train,
if i left at 10 id get into oxford center at 1 and wud have to get the train back at 4, so by the time i got the the carnival and back id only be there for 2 hours!

Trains are pants at the weekend - plasticspanner has the same problems, I suppose that's progress eh?

So that makes potentially quite a group then :)

Tony
Sandie
(... and various relatives, photography class ppl)
Hertz
LP
Becky
Alex B (probably, maybe, likely)
(+ Angie B, a good friend of mine)

BTW, I might be able to give people a lift coming from either the Winchester area or from Salisbury.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back