OXFORD OCTOBER 19th

Hertz van Rental

We're supposed to post photos?
Reaction score
I can't get the Monday off, I'm afraid. No-one is willing to swap rest days.
So it looks like I won't make it.
I may still turn up if I feel up to it - and get organised enough to do all the things in advance that I normally do on a Sunday (sleeping, mostly) - but it will mean leaving early as I will have to be up 5am Monday for work.
Carry on without me - but I still have your mobile number so if I do come I can hunt you down....

...and explain the difference between lights flashing and the whole sign flashing.
It's a basic mistake that only a qualified electrician would make.
(I bet you can get Radio 2 on your shower).

OP
tempra

tempra

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.artzam.com
...and explain the difference between lights flashing and the whole sign flashing.
It's a basic mistake that only a qualified electrician would make.
(I bet you can get Radio 2 on your shower).

When the lights flash, it illuminates the board - they aren't flagged or anything you see - simple error of judgement on the spec, I can rectify it but it'll cost as it wasn't in the original plan ;)

If you do make it, give us a call - Oxford ain't that big but parking is a bugger unless you pay through the nose for it.

nynfortoo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm only a 'maybe' at the moment sorry — can't give a clearer answer than that.

Life is still upside-down after my crash, and my arm is still in plaster after 8 weeks (another fortnight to go) and what must be a tonne of metal.

I'll see what I can do though! It'd be a damn shame if I missed the meet.

OP
tempra

tempra

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.artzam.com
I'm only a 'maybe' at the moment sorry — can't give a clearer answer than that.

Life is still upside-down after my crash, and my arm is still in plaster after 8 weeks (another fortnight to go) and what must be a tonne of metal.

I'll see what I can do though! It'd be a damn shame if I missed the meet.

Aye, see how you're feeling - if nothing else, we could use you as a tripod! :thumbup:

nynfortoo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Aye, see how you're feeling - if nothing else, we could use you as a tripod! :thumbup:

Heh, there is that, indeed.

I can just about hold the camera to my face, so all isn't entirely lost, but I haven't had chance to do any real photography (amongst other hobbies) for 2 months now — it's killing me!

I'm not ruling anything out yet. I'll keep optimistic :)

Alex_B

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
if you plane goes 9:50 on Monday morning from Stansted, then Oxford is really a bad place to start your journey :(

I might give up on the plan of sleeping at all Sunday night ;)

Alex_B

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
its looking up for me going :D

great! another one in bold then :D

Hmm, time was 10-ish I seem to remember, but meet-up point? not decided yet, I would guess! But it is about time to decide for some place you can find easily. Maybe Eagle and Child? hmm, not too central though.

OP
tempra

tempra

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.artzam.com
I figured we could meet up at the train station, as quite a few will be coming in with me from my house - so they shouldn't get lost, and two or three are coming in via train - plus it's on the edge of town, so would be a nice walk in plus we can get a cuppa if we have to wait

Most reactions

New Topics