OXFORD OCTOBER 19th

Don't worry Anty, you won't be missing much - it'll just be the usual inane jokes, dry wit, good laugh and cold beer that has become so commonplace at TPF meetups - I'm sure going to work beats that :thumbup:

So, as Anty can't make it, who's bringing the furry handcuffs?

So do I need a camera?

Nutters ... I'm having second thoughts...

Just kidding, will book today...

Ugh, what the hell, now its 19 quid and a bus from didcot to oxford, very odd. Oh well, will book something or other...

Right then, Beckys booked, after a bit of drama and some yelling at First Great Western Trains on the phone.

Arrive at 10am, leave around 19:30pm... cheaper to get a slightly later one back rather than at 6... 15 squids.

I'll start lining my stomach now shall I?

Right then, Beckys booked, after a bit of drama and some yelling at First Great Western Trainson the phone.

I thought you are aware of the fact, that yelling at trains - no matter how first, great, or western they are - has usually little or no effect. Even less via the phone!

Trains are just really bad at verbal forms of communication.

I hope you can get the time off work to join us Alex, its been a while since I gave a fellow TPFer a kick up the arse.

I hope you can get the time off work to join us Alex, its been a while since I gave a fellow TPFer a kick up the arse.

:shock:

Behave! :mrgreen:

Hmm, well...

Back of the car was two inches lower than standard when I started the event. That'll be part of the reason why I smacked the exhaust on the ground 17 times around Loch Ness alone... Nothing to do with flying over the hills at silly speeds or anything. So the exhaust needs repairing.

I have very little in the term of brakes. Will have to check to see if the pads need replacing or worse.

Funny noises from the rear of the car which could be bearings or becasue it's so low at the moment with the extra water/petrol/oil in the boot.

It's not got the power it had before and I'm hoping it's simple the exhaust valves closing up. The engine was running non-stop for 48 hours so they would have been glowing red almost the whole time. Engine cuts out when coming to a stop and starter motor sometimes needs smacking with a hammer a few tiems to get to engage. Again, hopefully down to getting so hot.

If I make it in th Herald I'll leave it nice and dirty and stickered up. Well, it's not that dirty really but the frount wheels are rather black.

Hmm, well...

Back of the car was two inches lower than standard when I started the event. That'll be part of the reason why I smacked the exhaust on the ground 17 times around Loch Ness alone... Nothing to do with flying over the hills at silly speeds or anything. So the exhaust needs repairing.

I have very little in the term of brakes. Will have to check to see if the pads need replacing or worse.

Funny noises from the rear of the car which could be bearings or becasue it's so low at the moment with the extra water/petrol/oil in the boot.

It's not got the power it had before and I'm hoping it's simple the exhaust valves closing up. The engine was running non-stop for 48 hours so they would have been glowing red almost the whole time. Engine cuts out when coming to a stop and starter motor sometimes needs smacking with a hammer a few tiems to get to engage. Again, hopefully down to getting so hot.

If I make it in th Herald I'll leave it nice and dirty and stickered up. Well, it's not that dirty really but the frount wheels are rather black.

Sounds like you have managed to return it to the same condition as when it rolled off the line in Coventry thirty odd years ago - there wasn't a triumph that hit the road without a hammer for the starter motor :mrgreen:

hmmm, i'd still like to come but i need confirmation from parents and work, but im being lazy atm :p

Most reactions

Back