OXFORD OCTOBER 19th

I can't get the Monday off, I'm afraid. No-one is willing to swap rest days.
So it looks like I won't make it.
I may still turn up if I feel up to it - and get organised enough to do all the things in advance that I normally do on a Sunday (sleeping, mostly) - but it will mean leaving early as I will have to be up 5am Monday for work.
Carry on without me - but I still have your mobile number so if I do come I can hunt you down....

...and explain the difference between lights flashing and the whole sign flashing.
It's a basic mistake that only a qualified electrician would make.
(I bet you can get Radio 2 on your shower).

...and explain the difference between lights flashing and the whole sign flashing.
It's a basic mistake that only a qualified electrician would make.
(I bet you can get Radio 2 on your shower).

When the lights flash, it illuminates the board - they aren't flagged or anything you see - simple error of judgement on the spec, I can rectify it but it'll cost as it wasn't in the original plan ;)

If you do make it, give us a call - Oxford ain't that big but parking is a bugger unless you pay through the nose for it.

I'm only a 'maybe' at the moment sorry — can't give a clearer answer than that.

Life is still upside-down after my crash, and my arm is still in plaster after 8 weeks (another fortnight to go) and what must be a tonne of metal.

I'll see what I can do though! It'd be a damn shame if I missed the meet.

I'm only a 'maybe' at the moment sorry — can't give a clearer answer than that.

Life is still upside-down after my crash, and my arm is still in plaster after 8 weeks (another fortnight to go) and what must be a tonne of metal.

I'll see what I can do though! It'd be a damn shame if I missed the meet.

Aye, see how you're feeling - if nothing else, we could use you as a tripod! :thumbup:

Aye, see how you're feeling - if nothing else, we could use you as a tripod! :thumbup:

Heh, there is that, indeed.

I can just about hold the camera to my face, so all isn't entirely lost, but I haven't had chance to do any real photography (amongst other hobbies) for 2 months now — it's killing me!

I'm not ruling anything out yet. I'll keep optimistic :)

if you plane goes 9:50 on Monday morning from Stansted, then Oxford is really a bad place to start your journey :(

I might give up on the plan of sleeping at all Sunday night ;)

its looking up for me going :D

great! another one in bold then :D

Hmm, time was 10-ish I seem to remember, but meet-up point? not decided yet, I would guess! But it is about time to decide for some place you can find easily. Maybe Eagle and Child? hmm, not too central though.

I figured we could meet up at the train station, as quite a few will be coming in with me from my house - so they shouldn't get lost, and two or three are coming in via train - plus it's on the edge of town, so would be a nice walk in plus we can get a cuppa if we have to wait

Most reactions

Back