Oxidation and Decay

Amocholes

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
While camping last weekend I took a walk in the woods and found an old dump truck sitting at the maintenance garage of the park. The rear axle was in the bed. I rather liked the way it turned out. This was a single image but I used it to create 5 images to simulate bracketed images. I then ran it through Photomatrix. It is not HDR but is tonemapped which brought out a lot of the details. I rather like the way it turned out. C&C is welcomed. How else can I improve?

$14054948175_b81e13aa9c_b.jpg

Attachments

• $Rust.jpg
    $Rust.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 80
hey! i like the idea you had there and there is some interesting geometry going on.

i noticed a dark patch on the right third on the image - not sure what's going on there but that could be an unwanted result of your post work.

in general i think the composition could probably be improved (well next time) by shifting your frame to the left to show more of the wheel.

never heard of photomatrix - i will check that out at some point! have a great day!

The paint on the differential was giving me some problems. the axle was in the bed of the truck and I was stretching to get the picture. Maybe if there had been something to stand on, I could have worked on the composition a bit more.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back