Ozone Falls....6 pictures....

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I passed this a few days ago and didn't have the right lens on my camera.....came back with my kit lens, and took several shots from the top and bottom.....hope you enjoy....C & C please

1. anyone know why I have a blue halo around the water?
ozonewaterfall006.jpg

ozonewaterfall007.jpg

ozonewaterfall014.jpg

4. Hand held this.......had to zoom in to see the camera shake
ozonewaterfall015.jpg

5. YES, I was feeling a bit brave here.........
ozonewaterfall036.jpg

ozonewaterfall046.jpg

I've been there as well - a few times actually. My wife (Then girlfriend) used to live 5 minutes from there. It's where I fell in love with shooting waterfalls. I'm wanting to go back there this Spring when everything turns green to try to get some nicer shots.

Of the times I've been there, I've never seen the water level up that high - hopefully it will stay up and I can get some killer shots of the waterfall itself. I might need to invest in an ND filter before I go though...

Oh, before I forget - nice shots!

No, all I did was boost the color a bit.....I shot using the Cloudy WB setting.....I could never get a good balance of exposure between the water and the rocks. exposing the rocks meant overexposing the water....but exposing the water meant totally losing the rocks

Oh well, they are still really pretty shots -- I can't say I would do any better! Maybe you could try HDR to handle the varying contrasts...

I'm only using the software that came with my camera, I don't think it will do HDR......although, right now I'm working at getting good with the camera first.....

good shots you have here. like was said earlier i think its the white balance that you have a halo. good shots though!!!

Do you have any image programs that will allow you to select a part of an image and edit just that and/or copy that part to another picture, cause if you did I would suggest taking a picture exposed for the water and another for the rocks then copy the copy the picture with the water onto the picture with the rocks. Also can you shoot in RAW if that was the case you might be able to bring down the levels of the water so that it isn't overexposed. Just some thoughts but either way I still enjoyed the pictures.

Do you have any image programs that will allow you to select a part of an image and edit just that and/or copy that part to another picture, cause if you did I would suggest taking a picture exposed for the water and another for the rocks then copy the copy the picture with the water onto the picture with the rocks. Also can you shoot in RAW if that was the case you might be able to bring down the levels of the water so that it isn't overexposed. Just some thoughts but either way I still enjoyed the pictures.

Haven't tried raw yet, and no I don't have good PP software yet, just the freebie stuff that came with the camera. still new to this, so I'm working good composition and exposure because everthing I read says that you can't fix bad composition or bad exposure. once I feel like I have a good handle on that I try to tackle Photoshop of something of the sort......

Most reactions

Back