P&S Advice: Coolpix S210 or Lumix FS3

Aggressor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.teamophotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm looking to get one of these two cameras for my wife for mother's day... Her only criteria was that it must be pink and it must be small... I've narrowed down the choices to these two: Nikon Coolpix S210 & Panasonic Lumix DMC-FS3.

Between these two, which would be the best selection, particularly with regards to ease-of-use, build quality, and image quality?

My personal experience says stay well clear of the Nikon P&S cameras if you want decent build quality, they're very plasticy. I had to use some for a photography project a few years ago and was not impressed.

I did however buy my girlfriend a Lumix for Christmas and she loves it, the build quality is good, it's quite a solid metal construction. Her model was fitted with a Leica lens also so the image quality is pretty good and it's tiny.

Thanks for the advice. I ended up buying the Lumix and I agree with you. It does feel like its built better.

The Lumix seemed to zoom quicker and takes less time to save each image. I didn't get a chance to test out the low light performance on it at the store, but the Lumix has hardware image stabilization, whereas the Coolpix has software VR.

The iA (intelligent Auto) mode was a nice selling point too. I'm convinced that most people using P&Ss of this class never use any other scene modes than auto. The Lumix's iA mode selects the different modes automagically.

I think she'll be happy with it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back