P&S camera that uses AA batteries

wgp1987

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
ok so everyone knows about the cameras that use AA batteries. they suck lol. i dont have much experiance with these cameras or AA batteries. i was wondering if anyone knew a better type of AA for cameras that use them. reason i ask, friend wants a camera and i found him a good deal on a canon a2000is and when you use batteries with it ..... the batteries live a long as ants under a magnifying glass. (not long at all, just so you know!) help please! any suggestions? (other than buy a camera with a rechargeable battery)

Get rechargeable batteries.

Look for NimH batteries with 2500+ mAh. The higher the mAh, the longer they should last

I have a Fuji S5700, uses 4 AA batteries. I use Rayovac 2500mah NiMH. I can fill up far more than my two 2gb cards (~1000 shots total) before needing to recharge them.

I love AA batteries. Why? Because instead of spending $20-40 for a single battery, I buy the Rayovac at Walmart for $5 for 4. That could be from 5-8 sets of batteries for the same $20-40.

The longevity of the Rayovac NiMH in my micro RC airplane definitely led me to use them in my camera. I had a set for the airplane (in the controller which was used to charge the 130mah lithium polymer battery in the airplane) for about 3 years, then put them in the camera for a year before they were beyond use. I have charged them thousands of times. They get heavy use in the airplane because of using the controller (thus, using the NiMH batteries) to charge the airplane battery. 5 flights and the controller batteries need charged and I flew a lot. My Rayovacs were probably charged nightly. In the camera, they get charged about every 2 weeks.

Enelope rechargeable are great! they barely lose any power if left sitting in a device. 95% after 6 months I believe and %90 after a year. %'s might be off... I believe those were the figures

I have a Fuji S5700, uses 4 AA batteries. I use Rayovac 2500mah NiMH. I can fill up far more than my two 2gb cards (~1000 shots total) before needing to recharge them.

I love AA batteries. Why? Because instead of spending $20-40 for a single battery, I buy the Rayovac at Walmart for $5 for 4. That could be from 5-8 sets of batteries for the same $20-40.

The longevity of the Rayovac NiMH in my micro RC airplane definitely led me to use them in my camera. I had a set for the airplane (in the controller which was used to charge the 130mah lithium polymer battery in the airplane) for about 3 years, then put them in the camera for a year before they were beyond use. I have charged them thousands of times. They get heavy use in the airplane because of using the controller (thus, using the NiMH batteries) to charge the airplane battery. 5 flights and the controller batteries need charged and I flew a lot. My Rayovacs were probably charged nightly. In the camera, they get charged about every 2 weeks.

ill check them out! thanks

Rechargables, yes... also lithium batteries kick major ass for electronics but are pricey.

When I was shooting with Pentax (not sure about other brands) I found that the lithium batteries were fantastic when I didn't have a powers source to charge my rechargables - if they died. I always kept at least one set of them on hand

Most reactions

New Topics

Back