P51 Mustang

PropilotBW

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A beautiful piece of machinery. If you've ever seen/heard this airplane fly at an air show, it's truly spectacular. The P51 has to be one of my favorite propeller airplanes of all time.

Taken at Museum of the USAF. Dayton, OH.

IMG_1560.jpg

I'm partial to the Corsair, but Mustangs are cool too!

Last year while I was shooting a 1/4-scale RC event at the old Castle AFB, they all of a sudden closed the flightline. A few minutes later I "heard it". A P-51 did a few fly-bys and landed. Way cool and got a few pics too.

A beautiful piece of machinery. If you've ever seen/heard this airplane fly at an air show, it's truly spectacular. The P51 has to be one of my favorite propeller airplanes of all time.

Taken at Museum of the USAF. Dayton, OH.

View attachment 131066
I agree! Beautiful plane to watch and listen to. I am in the Air Force and nothing makes me more happy to see these aircraft fly by. I am personally partial to the jets though. The rumble in your chest from the afterburners is an indescribable sensation.

Yep. The P-51 is a pretty airplane, and yes I've seen and heard several fly over the years.
In it's day it had a top speed of about 435 mph, but it cruised at 360 or so.

The P-51 started out with an Allison engine that was soon replaced with the Rolls-Royce Merlin 61 that had a two-speed, two-stage, intercooled supercharger.
The D model had the Merlin engine but by then Packard was building Merlin's under license from Rolls-Royce.
After the war, surplus Allison and Merlin P-51 engines were used to power unlimited hydroplane racing boats.

The P-51 got a lot prettier when they changed original flat topped, multi-widow pane canopy to the 'bubble' canopy.

Public Domain photograph - North American P-51 Mustang - Wikipedia
Mustang_III_at_Hucknall_1943.jpg

Public Domain photograph - North American P-51 Mustang - Wikipedia
P-51-361.jpg

I go to this place. I like taking pictures there. My favorite is the Nagasaki nuclear bomb delivery plane.

I go to this place. I like taking pictures there. My favorite is the Nagasaki nuclear bomb delivery plane.
This place is a small airport in Council Bluffs, Iowa.

The plane your referring too is called Bockscar, a b29 superfortress. It was restored and if memory serves correctly is on display at the air force museum at Wright Patterson AFB in Dayton, Ohio.

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

At the Planes of Fame in Chino, CA, you can rent time and they'll take you up.

GRAB0021.jpg

IMG_3622.jpg

That's cool, nice shots! I'm always very tempted with those rides, but when it comes time to make a decision, I think of lots of other things I can spend $400 (for :20) on.

I live like 20 minutes from EAA. I go there when I can, and at AirVenture I see probably 8-10 Mustangs every year. It's incredible. And Fifi, the B29, flies over my house quite frequently.

I live like 20 minutes from EAA. I go there when I can, and at AirVenture I see probably 8-10 Mustangs every year. It's incredible. And Fifi, the B29, flies over my house quite frequently.
Must be nice! I've never been to Oshkosh, but it's on my bucket list

Most reactions

New Topics

Back