Package Pricing, what do you all think?

AmericanJesus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
[FONT=&quot]This is a new package im thinking of offering to the racing community. What do you guys think? Am i selling this short?
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]For $1000: [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]A photo shoot before the races (or any pre scheduled day and time) with your car and your crew (options for sponsors and/or owners family for no extra charge) at a selected location be it a race track or the Nisqually valley, that covers driver and cars for the front of hero cards, crew and car, sponsor and car, family and car, tow-rig and car, or any combination, it's just an hour or two of shooting whatever you want. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]A full night of shooting the races with your car and crew the focus. Photos of your crew working on the car, getting it ready (hey maybe I will even jump in and scrape some mud.) I'll be there from the time you pull into the pits, to the time you head home. I have been around race crews long enough to know how to stay out of the way. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot] 4 20x30 prints (with discounts on any extras ordered) [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]A photo DVD of every shot taken in a resolution suited to make 4x6's or 5x7's. I could get them made for you but, it's cheaper for you to just run into Costco and order them. But if you want me too, I can get a set of them done for a little bit more then what you would pay Costco. (Note: Preparing shots for enlargement prints is a time consuming activity. The photos you get on the DVD will be guaranteed to look good up to 5x7, anything larger and they might be mis- cropped or colors could be off.) [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]25-50 shots from the night of your choosing to be specially processed for enlargement prints above 8x10 so that you can decide what you want, when you want them, so you can cut out the middle man! Again, it's cheaper for me to give you the files and you run into Costco for these types of things. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Online hosting of all your images for one year, these will be in resolution suitable for websites. They will include a small watermark to prevent theft. [/FONT]
A thousand dollars is a lot of money to most people, and the most expensive part about this package is the offsite shoot you can save 400 dollars if we do this part of the package at either Skagit or Elma. Or if your just not interested in something like that.

Well, I think that depending on where you are, the prices sound ok. But I hope that is not the actual write up you plan on using to sell yourself. IMO, you need to sound like a professional, and this just doesn't do it.

Rather than telling them to run down to Costco, why not have 2 prices? Costco makes enough money as it is - this would be a great opportunity for you to earn a bit more on prints. Also, I think getting into all the different resolutions is going to be a pain in the butt. You may want to consider a package with the high res images, and one with prints ONLY, but with the option to purchase a high res dvd.

Example:

Night at the Races

Option A - $xxxx
1.5 hours daytime shoot with family/crew/sponsors of your choice
Entire race night coverage, including in the pits
DVD with est 50 shots in high resolution
Online hosting of images for 1 year (thats a long time! - might want to revisit that)

Option B - $xxxx
1.5 hours daytime shoot with family/crew/sponsors of your choice
Race coverage, including in the pits
Online hosting of images for 1 year (thats a long time!)
4 20x30 prints of your choice
50 5x7 prints

Just an idea. Oh, and I dont think you need to get into telling them about watermarks, resolutions, where to save money and all that.

But that does sound like a fantastic day to shooting!

Good luck!

yeah, i agree with the part about 'running down to costco'. i would not even mention that. instead, offer a 'digital package' at a higher cost - to cover the loss of printing profits you're giving up.

personally, i am working hard to keep my clients from using an outside printing service. not only to preserve my profits, but to preserve the quality of the product.

if you hand over digital images there is no way to control what the client does with them. they might decide their tan doesn't look good enough and try to 'fix' it in photoshop (or, whatever program). by the time they do this and send it to the printer (who know's who) and pick it up they have a completely different product than if you had done it for them.

later, when they have that photograph on display in their home (or, otherwise showing it off to family/friends) and someone asks 'who's photography is that?' do you want them saying your name?

just a thought.

yeah, i agree with the part about 'running down to costco'. i would not even mention that. instead, offer a 'digital package' at a higher cost - to cover the loss of printing profits you're giving up.

personally, i am working hard to keep my clients from using an outside printing service. not only to preserve my profits, but to preserve the quality of the product.

if you hand over digital images there is no way to control what the client does with them. they might decide their tan doesn't look good enough and try to 'fix' it in photoshop (or, whatever program). by the time they do this and send it to the printer (who know's who) and pick it up they have a completely different product than if you had done it for them.

later, when they have that photograph on display in their home (or, otherwise showing it off to family/friends) and someone asks 'who's photography is that?' do you want them saying your name?

just a thought.

Great point.

Most reactions

Back