Painfully new...

CoverTune

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I don't know what I'm doing - AAAHHH!!!

Okay, now that I got that over with... my name is Stacey and I live in Toronto, ON. I've always liked taking pics, but just "easy" stuff... landscapes and things like that, lol. However, I'm also a huge music fan and so over the past few years I've taken thousands of shots at concerts... which is what has led me here.

A good friend of mine who has been a professional in the music industry for more than 25 years has been pushing me to explore the idea of getting into band photography. He said my photos are the best he's got in his collection from his entire 25+ years in the biz... this guy is no BS'er, so that's a pretty hefty compliment.

Soo... here I am, finding myself getting utterly lost in this huge world of photography. I use a Canon S2IS and basically just "point & shoot"... I know what looks good, but haven't got the slightest clue how to MAKE something look good.

Yep, I'm lost!

Oh, here are some of pics too...
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=83953&l=b7b26&id=624930079

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=86224&l=015f2&id=624930079

Hello Stacey and Welcome, I'm sure someone will be able to give you better advice than I.

Welcome aboard Stacey.

It just goes to show that it doesn't take fancy, expensive gear and years of training and experience to make a good photo. Sometimes a good eye is all it takes.

However, if you combine that good eye with capable gear and some solid know-how...the sky is the limit.

I might suggest starting with a book like 'Understanding Exposure' by Brian Peterson.

Oh, b.t.w.... Booo Leafs! :er:

Thanks for the welcome!

And yes, I agree, Booo leafs! lol (I'm a BC girl, Go Canucks! ;))

I haven't the slightest idea what your talking about... but.. sure.. booo leafs!

Anyway, Big Mike said it the best so dito to him. Most important thing is to never loose the fact that its FUN!

I haven't the slightest idea what your talking about... but.. sure.. booo leafs!
(They're talkin about hockey.)

Those are pretty good pics CoverTune, but I must agree that a better camera with your good eye would work out great.

Hi Stacey, and welcome to the forum. Glad you could jion us. Mikes recommendation on that book is spot on. The best book out there on understanding the give and take you will experience with band/stage lighting. I shoot a lot of bands too, so I can vouch for that book as well.

Stacey, glad to have you aboard.

I was at work when I made my first post so I didn't look at the pictures. I really look forward to seeing what you can do with better equipment and more knowledge. You have a good eye.

Most reactions

Back