painted wall

danir

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Any general crit will be great, also how would I get a higher contrast between the living people and the painted ones.

Thanks,
Dani.

DSC_0014_alt.jpg

Dani,

This would probably be better in 'Specific Critique', but there's no sense in watching this go down without a response.

For what you want, maybe try some selective sharpening and curves? I'm not the best when it comes to advising how to do something like that.

My inclination, since the closest guy came out kinda fizzed, would be to maybe 'abstract' it and make them look like they are part of the mural, or becoming part of it. I played with it some and lost the right side over-doing a palette knife filter, but the man closest to the door started to blend into the mural (looked good to me). I like the surreal tho.

What a cool shot. I wish the front guy would have been sharper.

Hi,
I love the idea of the first shot, and you almost had it.
As a finished shot, it suffers from the guy in front of the frame. He's blurred, but just kinda.
I think the finished shot needed more sharpening on the wall, and a blurrier guy. I hope you don't mind, but it's easier to show you:
DSC_0014_altredo.jpg

I also cropped in a bit, and lightened certain areas. I left the guy in the background alone, and just messed with other aspects of the photo. I thought he should remain real, while everything else stayed unreal.
Sorry, I did this very fast, and it may or may not be the answer to your question.
Same with mine, if you don't want it here, let me know and it's gone.
Really cool shot though. I wish I had a wall like that close to me!

Thanks very much for the replies.

I was thinking less about the editing and more about reshooting. But thanks to your example elsaspet, I think a slower shutter speed to get the guys blurier might be good.

Dani.

almost wondering how that would look as an HDR....

This is the kind of shot that would work best with some posing...for example of a real person waiting at the counter or "apparently" about to entre the deli.

skieur

If you have the opportunity to reshoot I would do so with a relatively long shutter speed so all the real people are blurred and the fake people are sharp.

Thanks for the replies.

Mesoam: I'm not very fond of HDRs.
Skieur Traveler: Both good ideas I think. I'll try them and if worth anything I'll post them.

Dani.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back