Painting/Artwork framed photo shoot question - please help!

tahira

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
799.jpg

Shiny picture frame 1

fish_final.jpg

79A.jpg

Shiny picture frame 2

I am a newbie in photography but have been doing art/craft work for a long time. I need your help. I am taking pictures of art/craft work that I have framed. Some of these frames are reflective. some are not and some are metallic. Those which are reflective or made or metallic/shiny materials, don't come well when I shoot them. How do I shoot them so that there isn't any reflection on these frames. I shoot my work inside a room with two studio lamps and a point and shoot camera.

Any help/tips/suggestions are highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
(Please see the attached pictures above)

Last edited:
First, let me say I like what I'm seeing of your work however small the photos are.

Now, for the answer to the problem. Build yourself a softbox. Any cardboard box will do. Cut out the sides, replace them with some sort of diffusion material and give it a try.

You may not get rid of all reflections this way but you should be able to get them to an acceptable level.

Strobist: How To: DIY $10 Macro Photo Studio

C.Cloudwalker thanks a lot for your suggestion and appreciation of my work. I would definitely try your idea and would give my feedback. Checked out your awesome blog, very informative. Thanks again.

Most reactions

Back