Palace Fountain

Mo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.themotec.com
This is a picture of a fountain in the Schönbrunn palace in Austria. I don't think I've posted it in the crituque gallery before.

s4s3.jpg

Hi! I have seen this Palace during my trip to Austria... as far as I can critique the shot...
I don't find anything amazing here, just a shot. But to be honest I quite enjoy the very dark sky and bright buildings. The fountain, that is the main subject seems to be forgotten. It doesn't pay attention. I know that you probably wanted to show a lot of the palace and the fountain in the centre of the "patio" but try different angle, something original. And please don't feel "under the weather" because I've critiqued your shot. It was in a good will :)
And btw. I pretty like the cropping. You cut off parts of the fountain pool in the edges, at about the same size :)

I may be too much of an amature to critique others, but will offer my opinion.

I think a tighter shot of the fountain with the statues in better focus would make the photo. You could still have the sky and architecture in the shot. I do think it is good use of colours and contrast tho.

Actually, when I first took the shot, I didn't focus on the fountain. Someone in a different forum said "I like that picture of the fountain" and I guess I started calling it that to be specific.

What I like about it is that the sky, yellow palace, and green grass is all in one photo. I think those colors go well together. And the saturation is significantly better that in the other photos I took. In terms of editing, I have only clone stamped some people away that were off to the right. I didn't crop anything. There's a post in the photo gallery about that.

Of the five shots of the palace, I think this is one of the best, and that's why I posted. Go to http://themotec.com/picturepro/nfpicturepro/displayimage.php?album=5&pos=12 to see my other shots.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back