Panasonic GX9

stapo49

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Anyone else using one of these? I picked one up recently as my daughter "borrowed " my Olympus OMD 10 II lol. I seems to have attracted a lot of negative comments on some forums. I would have liked G9 but a bit out of my budget.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Anyone else using one of these? I picked one up recently as my daughter "borrowed " my Olympus OMD 10 II lol. I seems to have attracted a lot of negative comments on some forums. I would have liked G9 but a bit out of my budget.

Sorry meant "it" seems not "I".

Go for the G9 its worth every penny.....
I would have loved to but my budget didnt stretch that far. Also I wanted something smaller for travel. We are off to Europe at end of year. I do a bit of bush walking so also wanted something reasonably light.

I seems to have attracted a lot of negative comments on some forums.
Honestly curious: what forums and what is the criticism of the GX9?

One was dpreview. There where other I looked at randomly plus reviews The main gripes seem to be with;

. Field sequential EVF
. No weather sealing
. No audio ports
. Down grade from G8
.LCD only tilts and not fully articulated
. Something about the stabilization and and shutter not being not as good as G9.
. It's a minor upgrade to GX85

Etc, etc. You get the picture.

One was dpreview. There where other I looked at randomly plus reviews The main gripes seem to be with;

. Field sequential EVF
. No weather sealing
. No audio ports
. Down grade from G8
. Something about the stabilization and and shutter not being not as good as G9.

LOL. Yeah, that makes sense from dpreview.

(Some) people are never satisfied with upgraded cameras, especially those on tech heavy forums.

I feel like I see this all the time:

"It should have all these upgraded features that I want, it should smaller than previous versions, it should weigh less, it should be able to be fully submerged in water and capable of being thrown off a cliff, it should be able to levitate to alleviate the need for a tripod, and it should be the exact same as the more expensive new model but it should cost the same as a used older version... oh, but I won't ever use that camera because I have multiple G9's and a couple of Leicas that are my go-to cameras."

I have no time for those people or comments.

. Field sequential EVF
. No weather sealing
. No audio ports
. Down grade from G8

LOL. Yeah, that makes sense from dpreview.

(Some) people are never satisfied with upgraded cameras, especially those on tech heavy forums.

I feel like I see this all the time:

"It should have all these upgraded features that I want, it should smaller than previous versions, it should weigh less, it should be able to be fully submerged in water and capable of being thrown off a cliff, it should be able to levitate to alleviate the need for a tripod, and it should be the exact same as the more expensive new model but it should cost the same as a used older version... oh, but I won't ever use that camera because I have multiple G9's and a couple of Leicas that are my go-to cameras."

I have no time for those people or comments.
Nicely put mate. There was even one guy I noticed on a few forums with the same rant about what Panasonic should have done. For a while there I thought perhaps I had made a mistake buying the GX9 but then I just stopped reading the forums lol

but then I just stopped reading the forums
Good call! Don't let people talk you into thinking you've made a mistake. Go out, take pictures, enjoy the camera.

It's good to see more and more micro four thirds users on here! I have an Oly EM1.

but then I just stopped reading the forums
Good call! Don't let people talk you into thinking you've made a mistake. Go out, take pictures, enjoy the camera.

It's good to see more and more micro four thirds users on here! I have an Oly EM1.
I am with you mate! Oly EM1looks great.

Most reactions

Back