Panning attempt for C&C

LittleMike

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is only my second attempt at panning, and I have again renewed my appreciation for those who can do it well. I took over 1600 pictures today, and I feel that these were some of the best. C&C please :mrgreen:

IMG_1416small.jpg

Canon 5DmkII w/70-200 2.8 IS II
f/7.1
1/160 sec
ISO 50

IMG_1978small.jpg

f/18
1/80 sec
ISO 50

IMG_1602small.jpg

f/11
1/80 sec
ISO 50

I'm really wishing I had a camera capable of taking these kinds of shots.
They look great to me ^-^

Pretty good! Shot #3 looks excellent: well-controlled background, nicely blurred, ample room for the car to move into;blurred wheels but sharp decals on the body, and good color.

Yup, #3! I have not done drifting cars yet. Looks like a lot of fun. It is crazy when I just started panning I only used sigma 24-70mm and 500D. I took a few good shots but there was one that really stood out. I cant seem to get better photos with nicer lens now. I dont get it. I am glad I took this shot because I fell in love with panning ever since.

p427047397-3.jpg

I'm really wishing I had a camera capable of taking these kinds of shots.
They look great to me ^-^

It is not the camera! All cameras could take this shot if you understand how to use it!

If you want the best panning shots, use a VR or IS lens. Using a stablized lens removes the up-and-down movements that tend to ruin slow-speed panning shots. Do not be afraid to go down to fairly slow shutter speeds when panning.

+1.

A key for shots of moving cars is a shutter speed that leaves the wheels/tires blurred.

Some lenses like Nikon's AF-S 70-300 VR, and the Sigma 150-500 have 2 VR (IS/OS) modes, with one specifically for panning or shooting from a moving vehicle.

1600 is a lot to go through, but it is fun isn't it. These three do work...well done

Very nice..love the colour and the expression on the driver's face.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back