Panning C&C

engineered044

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My 2nd day with a dSLR. Shutter speed at 1/50-1/60. Let me know what I can improve. Pictures are straight from the camera, no editing.

IMG_0302.jpg

IMG_0263.jpg

IMG_0271.jpg

These actually aren't bad, they are the nicest panning shots I've seen on here. The only thing I can really see is they are underexposed. You can try leaving your shutter speed where it is and opening up the aperture.

2 is the best as there i a bit more room fr the car to move to. id crop off some of the grass

Why did you shoot f16 btw? And 1 is my fav.

I shot in manual, set the shutter to 1/50 and used the f-stop to adjust the exposure. If I set the f-stop to say 5, the shot would have been overexposed. How can I compensate for this. I would like to be able to shoot at 1/30 with a larger apperture. How can I do this with oveexposing the subject?

better lense, umm iso compensation depending on the camera, but as far as keeping your aperture and shutter speed happy, you probably dont have a choice

I shot in manual, set the shutter to 1/50 and used the f-stop to adjust the exposure. If I set the f-stop to say 5, the shot would have been overexposed. How can I compensate for this. I would like to be able to shoot at 1/30 with a larger apperture. How can I do this with oveexposing the subject?

You can use ND filters. These cut down the amount of light that enters a lens, allowing you to use a larger aperture and still get slow shutter speeds. They are manufactured in different strengths, typically .3 (1-stop), .6 (2-stops), and .9 (3-stops). Not sure what aperture you want to use, but a 2-stop ND filter would have allowed you to use f/8 on your last photo, instead of the f/16 you did use, for example.

Polarized filter will lower you a few stops and maybe help with glare if you have any.

Most reactions

Back