Pano and a 50mm

ronlane

What's next?
Reaction score
Website
www.lane-images.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Got to go out to a local wildlife preserve this evening. Was doing some macro work but I did take along my new 50mm f/1.8 STM. I was looking over this scene and thought it would be a nice pano, so I got out the 50mm to give it a try. The more that I use this lens, the more I am liking it. To me it is WAY better than the old 50mm f/1.8.

StinchNature-41-Pano-Edit.jpg by Ron Lane, on Flickr

Thank you. Jim, no it was more of a storm leaving. We had gotten rain the two previous days and it was clearing up.

The forum picture doesn't do it justice... it looks much better to view the larger image at flickr.

I love the detail. I think there's a tiny bit of the "halo" you get from over-sharpening if you inspect the point where the trees meet the sky. I might back that off slightly to get rid of the halo.

I'm interested to learn how this new EF 50mm f/1.8 STM compares with bokeh quality. The old 50 had a rep for "nervous" bokeh and I'm wondering if the new one improved on that.

@TCampbell, thanks for the comment. The Halo isn't from over sharpening. It is from the masking to work on the sky. (I'm not that good at being able to mask off trees to work on the sky).

@TCampbell, thanks for the comment. The Halo isn't from over sharpening. It is from the masking to work on the sky. (I'm not that good at being able to mask off trees to work on the sky).

Usually in cases like this I would just feather the mask a bit and have the edges of the trees be just a little duller, or the sky near the trees a little darker. Compromise.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back