panorama cameras/technique/printing

Aussie Bill

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Good morning all.
I live in a beautiful part of the world ... Queensland, Australia. Looking around, I noticed many vistas of various kinds just begging to be photographed and hung on my walls. To do the best job, I believe will take panaroma photography.
The ideal solution would be, I believe, a 360-degree camera. However it seems that the digital age is capable of going one better than the old Cirkut camera ... but what kind of digital camera?
Will I need some sort of esoteric tripod? What kind of software in order to combine the photos? Where is a good place for printing the finished image?
Probably most importantly, what questions should I be asking?
Any and all help/assistance will be greatly appreciated.
Bill

Many digital camers these days have a panoramic mode but the only one I've used is mine (Olympus C750)

You don't need a tripod really. Just switch the camera to panoramic mode and a set of guides are visible in the viewfinder to help stitch each individual shot together. Take each shot as you would normally but make sure there's some overlap in the appropriately marked areas and that's it.

The software that came with my camera has an auto-stitch mode for putting panoramic shots together and I should imagine all cameras with a panoramic mode would have something similar.

A inexpensive way to produce pano's is use a photo stiching program. I got one with my canon printer software. If you shoot your photos at the same distance rotating each time you shoot it does a fairly good job stiching the photos together. It does most of work for you finding the best edge of each photo and you can use any resolution you want.

Thats just one program I am sure there are many stiching programs out there.

Also a true pano camera which is expensive is doing simular to the stiching program it is shooting wide angle then the prints have to be stiched together. You just have to gauge each shot so it matches one edge to the other so they can be stiched cleanly.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back