Panoramic aspect

Emegra

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi Guys
Here's a photo I took yesterday morning it was a first attempt at a Panoramic, which I'm kinda happy with, it's made up with a series of 8 images stitched together, the problem is the aspect ratio is way too wide, but I don't know of any way to alter that unless I crop which in my view completely ruins the image

FQlyBo3.jpg

Here it is cropped to 17:6
RYhzzxt.jpg

So should I leave it or should I crop it ?

Graeme

I always shoot panos with the camera in portrait orientation so I get far more vertically in the final stitched image. Give me a lot more latitude for cropping.

There is no 'one single' aspect ration for panos (unless you're submitting them and they require a certain one).

I prefer the wider shot,but it's close.

I always shoot panos with the camera in portrait orientation so I get far more vertically in the final stitched image. Give me a lot more latitude for cropping.

There is no 'one single' aspect ration for panos (unless you're submitting them and they require a certain one).

Do you manual exposure?

I’ve not stitched in close to a decade but I remember my exposures were off in the final image. I think I used CS2 and I’m sure there’s better stuff out now.

Do you manual exposure?

I’ve not stitched in close to a decade but I remember my exposures were off in the final image. I think I used CS2 and I’m sure there’s better stuff out now.

I do everything manual shooting panos. Exposure, white balance, focus... all locked in. That way all the frames are identical except for where the camera is pointed. And no polarizer..... as turning the camera between frames will cause a difference in the images.

Thanks for your comments guys
This is my first attempt at a pano and I didn't set out to take one, when I looked at the bridge I just thought I would try it, It's composed of 8 images in portrait orientation, I processed each image in Darktable using the exact same settings then stitched them using a program called Hugin Panorama Creator, It's just occured to me I did have a ND grad on the lens and now that I look at it I'm sure it darkens the further right into the frame which is more noticeable on the colour version
BLAIb0V.jpg

Graeme

Do you manual exposure?

I do everything manual shooting panos. Exposure, white balance, focus... all locked in. That way all the frames are identical except for where the camera is pointed. And no polarizer..... as turning the camera between frames will cause a difference in the images.

Thanks for the tip.

Here is one of mine, 20 images joined manually as pse9 photo merg could not cope. The original print is 60 inches long and is printed on banner plastic.. It,s on the fence outside my kitchen window
mill _Panorama web.jpg

Do you manual exposure?

Thanks for the tip.
saw the question.. I have PSE 9 and whilst I try to get everything right in camera using manual I do tweek, in PSE
more to remove crisp packets and other items lying in the road or in the mill pic modern lights, tv arials/sat dish and not forgetting the bright yellow gas main

The original of this is 300 plus inches still not found a print shop willing to take it on ( or at a cost I can afford) lolsouthamption peir_web.jpg
southamption peir_web.jpg

Most reactions

Back