Panoramic of eastbourne, UK

Woosey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Any suggestions/thoughts on this? Feel free to edit it! :)

pano2_001.jpg

Bigger here - http://woosey.zyne.co.uk/gallery2/d/6401-1/pano2_001.jpg

thanks

Chris

Its a really cool pic the one thing that bugs me is that we don't see the curve in the road, its just cut off by a hair.

yeh im going to re shoot this when i get a chance, my back is to a wall there, ran out of wide angle at 18mm!

going back with a 10mm :)

Then use a tripod, take two or three shots one left, one centre, and one right then stitch them together in ps or other editing program and crop your pano to suit.

i think it would be a bit difficult to stitch multiple exposures if you were using that wide of a lens...

nonetheless, i love the shot. i changed the composition a bit (and the group of people went away as a result) i made it more rule of thirds-esque, and added a bit of a halo around the building. directional lines and closer framing too

i also attempted to add some road. it worked pretty well on the sides, but not in the middle. probably due to the fact that i got lazier as the photoshopping went on

lighthouse2.jpg

seashore2.jpg

Nice photo to begin with, woozey, and cool edit, hazzayoungn! I do like the addition of a bit of road!!! And the group of people gone.

But this would not have worked with a photo that does not offer your these means for pp-treatment in the first place. So here's to woozey! :clap: :D

I echo Corinna's sentiments...it was a nice pic to begin with. And I like the edit which cuts out the group of people (but leaves on solitary figure - at least I think that's a person), and adds a smidge of road at the curve. The b/w treatment looks great. And I love the clouds. Good job!

One of the coolest photos that I have seen in the photo critique section in a while...

potentially great picture but hurt here by the tower being in the center and missing the road on the bottom.

retake this and move the tower, left or right of center.

panototalmp3.jpg

I like the 2 below, nice crop

lighthouse2.jpg

seashore2.jpg
[/quote]

Your horizon seems distorted. I have shot panos and I never use a tripod. But you have to overlap about 50% keep your camera level, shot in manual and change no settings as you move across. even use manual focus. I use Panorama maker 4 and it works great. You can download a free trail and it is full of tips.
Cosmo

I like the 2 below, nice crop

i wouldnt exactly call it a "crop" so much as cheating in photoshop :D

i used the break in the road to my advantage and cut the photo into 2 parts there. then i took the left side and scaled it horizontally. i took the people out because they gave away the

if i were to reshoot this picture, i would stay away from the stiching, and use the same lens with same composition slightly lower than the original. the full span of the road really adds to the composition. also because sky is easier to add than roads (in photoshop)

also...(hint) if the sky doesnt have the same cloudy feel if you go back out, you can stitch the new and the old in ps for the composition

Most reactions

Back