Panoramic Software.

andrewochs615

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am interested in trying to shoot some panoramic photos, however I do not have Photoshop and only have Lightroom. My question is can you stitch photos together in Lightroom or any other program, particularly one that is not too expensive, that can be used to create panoramic photos?

The third Google result for "panorama software" is for Hugin, a Free Software panorama stitching (and more!) application. Hugin - Panorama photo stitcher

I've used it to stitch together moderately large panoramas of probably hundreds of megapixels without any problems (though it took a while on my 7-year-old computer).

I use Hugin as well. It isn't perfect but it does (usually) work plus it's freeware.

I highly recommend CS6's photomerge, I've gotten better results in there than any other panorama software (And I've tried a lot of them.). Go to File -> Automate -> Photomerge.

Choose automatic, load your pictures, and hit go! It should stitch perfectly.

You can do this from lightroom too. Shift select the images you want to stitch, right click, go to "Edit In" and then "Merge to Panorama in Photoshop." or "Photomerge" (I don't have it open, I'm not entirely sure.)

But yeah! If you do it from lightroom with your RAW files, you can fix distortion inside of Photoshop by going to "Wide Angle Distortion Correction" under the filter menu. RAW Panorama's save all your metadeta so all the weird curves and bumps in the panorama should be flattened out like they would appear in the real world! :) When you're done editing, hit save, close Photoshop, and it'll pop up in lightroom. :)

I shoot a lot of panoramas, so if you have any questions shoot me a PM.

Most reactions

Back