Panoromic view

vk1115

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took a few pics in the continuous shooting mode in order to develop a panoramic view. Can anybody suggest a software that will help me to stitch these photos together.

Thanks

I'm sorry, but from what I understand, you probably won't get very decent results like that. It sounds as if you did this hand held, which won't give you the "same" landscape from different angles. The horizon line, for example, won't be in the same place.

Another thing to think about, is the exposure. It should be as constant as possible. If you went auto mode here, you might have different white balances and exposures in each photo --> weird looking landscape.

I'm sure someone else can go into deeper detail.

Yes, I have hand held most of my panos. I use CS5.

I do mine by hand as well. I use Hugin to stitch them.

p644356029-5.jpg

Thanks AE. Get it right and it can be really cool. And Hugin makes it real easy to stitch 'em together. :)

I'm sorry, but from what I understand, you probably won't get very decent results like that. It sounds as if you did this hand held, which won't give you the "same" landscape from different angles. The horizon line, for example, won't be in the same place.

Another thing to think about, is the exposure. It should be as constant as possible. If you went auto mode here, you might have different white balances and exposures in each photo --> weird looking landscape.

Handheld not a problem. As long as the shutter speed is high enough so there is no blur hand holding should not be a problem. I have taken lots of panoramas without a tripod and the software has no problem stitching them. I've taken like 4 photos high by 16 photos wide and all in between, no problems...

I have not used to auto mode at all. In fact I have been using the manual mode for all my photographs and I think i got good results. Taking pics hand held is not an issue as I can use cropping to get the desired result.

Handheld not a problem. As long as the shutter speed is high enough so there is no blur hand holding should not be a problem. I have taken lots of panoramas without a tripod and the software has no problem stitching them. I've taken like 4 photos high by 16 photos wide and all in between, no problems...

I think the key to hand holding panorama shots is a fast shutter.

I've seen people doing it where they hold the camera close to their body with their elbows really close to their sides to keep the camera leveled.

I've seen CS5 screw up panos before because the photos weren't leveled so as long as the camera is leveled and there is enough light, it should be fine. I guess you can always level and crop but this changes the photo somewhat and then the final pano needs to be cropped more than it otherwise would need to be.

Also, don't forget the 30% overlap between each shot.

Danny

I've seen people doing it where they hold the camera close to their body with their elbows really close to their sides to keep the camera leveled.

Doesn't everyone shoot like that all the time? I do. :lol:

Isn't that the basics? ;)
As for the software, I use ArcSoft Panorama Maker, and it does a very good job stitching the handheld shots together. I really don't put much effort into taking the photos perfectly leveled etc. Just remember to make the photos overlap by at least 20-30%

It seems I have learned a lot here :) I have misunderstood this principle! Thank you all :)

And good luck, now I want to try it as well !!

Doesn't everyone shoot like that all the time? I do. :lol:

Isn't that the basics? ;)
As for the software, I use ArcSoft Panorama Maker, and it does a very good job stitching the handheld shots together. I really don't put much effort into taking the photos perfectly leveled etc. Just remember to make the photos overlap by at least 20-30%

I left out:

With the camera against their chest.

:)

Most reactions

Back