Pap of Glencoe

Thanks mate, I was in two minds whither to clone it out or leave it in. I'll try cloning it out and see how it looks

I'm seeing blue sky here, so I'm thinking this must've been photoshopped. ;);)

Fantastic shot!!! Really nice!

very nice

clone that out, jmo

I have neighbors who emigrated from an area near Skye and they are always remarking about how seeing the blue is such a treat. On the same note, they miss the rich ruggedness of the Highlands.

Hi Pete, Very nice image. Would look great printed off on a large canvas.

Any filtering when taking the pic?

I'm seeing blue sky here, so I'm thinking this must've been photoshopped. ;);)
Aye mate, I would have thought that too if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes. That was one small blue patch of sky that passed overhead but otherwise it was grey skies

Fantastic shot!!! Really nice!
Thanks mate!

very nice

clone that out, jmo
Thanks mmaria, as soon as I get a bit of time I'll do it.

I have neighbors who emigrated from an area near Skye and they are always remarking about how seeing the blue is such a treat. On the same note, they miss the rich ruggedness of the Highlands.
Aye mate, it can be. The trouble is not so much that we don't get blue skies, but the weather is very changeable and can never be relied on. We've had a cracking sunset tonight, but unfortunately I'm stuck in the office. Skye is really a stunning part of the world indeed!

Hi Pete, Very nice image. Would look great printed off on a large canvas.

Any filtering when taking the pic?

Thanks mate, I used a CPL on this at the time and it has a grad on the sky that was put on in post. I shot is bracketed 2 stops apart and merged to HDR in lightroom mainly so I could bring up the blacks a bit. Looking at it again it could probably use a bit of a local adjustment for the snow on the peaks...

This is a great image.

Personally, I wouldn't clone out the contrail. I think it adds balance. It is also part of OUR nature, even if it is a man made part of our nature.

The contrail cloning conundrum continues! I would clone it out personally, tho it's fantastic either way.

This is a great image.

Personally, I wouldn't clone out the contrail. I think it adds balance. It is also part of OUR nature, even if it is a man made part of our nature.

Thanks mate!

The contrail cloning conundrum continues! I would clone it out personally, tho it's fantastic either way.

Thanks buddy!

Most reactions

Back