Paper for fake flooring??? Would you use it?

Bubbles22

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I've been off this thread for awhile mostly due to craziness of summer/fall. However, I have learned to shoot in manual and am still learning every time I shoot. I got my flash off the camera finally. Wow, does that make it better. Although, I'm still learning how to make it better. However, I am having another baby come late Feb and I love the way the wood flooring looks in the photos. They cost around 99 to 160. I have seen some paper that looks the same and wondering if anyone has used the paper for a flooring effect. I guess you would have to have it on a flat surface so placing it on carpet would be out.
I know most of you aren't into newborn photography. (At least you weren't when I was on here before.)
This is what I'm talking about. Let me know if you think it would work. Or if I could glue it to something. Or any ideas. Thanks
Weathered Wood Fadeless Paper Roll Pacon

I use real flooring. I use it for kids and adults...and whatever else I want. Of course, I get mine for free from my husbands uncle who owns a Carpet and Flooring store... it's stock that they don't carry anymore. I have also had my father make me some flooring.

Look on Craigslist for people who are selling leftovers cheap.

But in the end, it's whatever works for you and what looks best to you.

A couple of boxes of laminate flooring last forever. Paper doesn't... Then again if you are traveling to all of your studio style shoots the paper might be easier than a couple of boxes of heavy laminate flooring

A couple of boxes of laminate flooring last forever. Paper doesn't... Then again if you are traveling to all of your studio style shoots the paper might be easier than a couple of boxes of heavy laminate flooring
Stupid question guess I would have to go look but would they have the white flooring kind. And would you have to set it up each time or would you fix it to some sort of bottom that would keep it in place. Does that make sense?

if you want the white wash wood floor look, look at paneling. I bought mine as Lowes. They will give you two cuts free, so you can have it cut down to the size you desire. I haven't ever used paper for flooring or backdrops...but it doesn't seem like it would last very long for what you have to pay for it!

Most reactions

Back