In memoriam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
kharrodphotography.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
ColorNegPolar.jpg

This is really neat, and very creative. I like how the layout of the picture looks. Keep up the great work. It looks awesome! I like it a lot! :)

Wow, you're still working with those sheets of paper of yours. So far all your photos have been sooo inspiring, and sooo very creative. I've not yet come across ANY that has NOT appealed to me (much)!

what exactly am i looking at?
An abstract image I made. Notice it still adheres to visual art compositional guidelines even though it is abstract.

I configured 7 sheets of 12 x 18 sketchpad paper on a piece of foamboard in my studio.

Using speedlights on light stands for lighting I made a photograph of the configured paper sheets. I used a red gel on the speedlight I used to light the background, which was 9 foot wide, gray seamless paper.

Using Photoshop, I then converted the color image to B&W, did some basic editing like dodge and burn, and used some the other editing tools I have available.

Back in photoshop I used a filter - Distort > Polar Coordinate > Polar to Rectangular, and in a new Curves Adjustment layer selected the Color Negative preset.

The last thing I did was add a narrow black border.

For reference, here is the partially edited B&W image, as it was nearer the begining of my process.
PaperFlorets8-14-10D300A_0018BW.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, you're still working with those sheets of paper of yours. So far all your photos have been sooo inspiring, and sooo very creative. I've not yet come across ANY that has NOT appealed to me (much)!
Thanks La Foto. It's a medium that has legs, so to speak, and I figure I can easily get bunches of images out of all the various permutations.

I like this image very much. Very creative! I've seen a few of your other images using paper, all of which are very good. Keep it up!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back