Paperwork for portrait business?

JamieH

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I tried to do a search to see if this has been answered and I'm not really having any luck. I'm just wondering what kind of paperwork you have for when you do portrait sessions? I know I should have a model release and I've come across people talking about customer questionaires? Anyone use those and can provide a sample or what should be in it? I'm thinking I at least need something where the customer can fill out their name, address and email address so I can send them the link to their online gallery. Is there anything else I should be using?

you probably don't need a model release if you're not licensing the photos. However, you may want to use them for something down the road...so it's a good idea to get them to sign anyways.

I could be wrong..but that's how I've understood it. If you are just giving prints to her, and keeping the originals...there's no real reason to get a release.

I get a model release from all my clients. I want to be able to use any photos down the road to display on my biz website or possibly in any promotional print material. If you are only using something like flickr to share the photos I'm not sure if you would be needing a model release but if you plan on showing these on a website I would make sure you get a signed release every time. Its easier to get the release at the time of the shoot rather than down the road when you might need it.

Is there somewhere I can see a sample of a model release? I have a website and would need it for that. Thanks!

This is what I use:

Marian Murdoch, WildMaven Gallery

Standard Model Release Form

I, the model stated below, hereby give to Marian Murdoch (Photographer) permission to use my name and likeness for portfolio, website, exhibition, art, promotion, and other lawful purposes, printed or digital, and I waive the right to inspect said uses or receive compensation for said uses. I hereby release and agree to hold harmless the Photographer and WildMaven Gallery from any liability by virtue of any blurring, distortion, alteration, optical illusion, or use in composite form, whether intentional or otherwise, that may occur or be produced in the taking of the photographs, or in any processing tending toward the completion of the finished produce, unless it can be shown that they were maliciously caused for the purpose of ridicule, scandal, reproach, scorn or indignity. I hereby agree that the Photographer owns the copyright of any Photograph produced from today’s session. I hereby affirm that I am over the age of 21 (or the legal guardian if the subject is a minor*) and competent to sign my own name. I have read this release and am fully familiar with its contents.

Contact Address: ___________________________________ City: ________________
State:____ Zip code: _______ Phone: ____________________ Cell: ______________
Email address: _________________________________

=======================================================

Adult model(s):

Printed name: _________________________ Signature: _________________________

=======================================================

*Consent (if applicable): I am the parent or guardian of the minor(s) named below and have the legal authority to execute the above release.

Parent/Guardian Signature: ________________________________________________

Minor(s):
Printed name: _________________________ Age: ______

Date: ______________________ Photographer signature: _______________________

Most reactions

Back