Parade Prep One

JJK1975

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Any comments would be most welcome. This image is open to edits, if you feel so inclined.

I took the shot with my trusty Pentax K1000, then auto-leveled and cropped a bit in Photoshop.

balls.jpg

That big white half-circle on the right distracts me to no end ... and I am not too fond of the scene we get to see here, either. If at least there had been someone there working on the things I would understand why you wanted to take photos in that workshop. But as it is, I find this quite boring and poorly composed.

Thanks for the feedback.

I wasn't sure about the big white ball on the right, either. Can you believe it actually took-up more space originally?

Something I try to keep in mind when taking a photo is that ONLY that exact frame will be communicated to the viewer without any backstory. That's the challenge in making a photograph... how to convey a feeling, emotion, etc. with one image. Just something to keep in mind... for this specific shot if you didn't say it was a parade prep shot I wouldn't have any idea what it was.

Another tip I can offer up is when I first started shooting I always tried to specifically identify the subject and figure out what exactly makes it interesting. It's too easy to think "Oh that think looks purty." <snap> but to some random person looking at the pic they might be completely lost. So if you can't answer those two questions for a shot it might be best to keep looking.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back