Paralympic swimmers

imagemaker46

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
imagecommunications.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Shot these over the past 3 days, mostly with the Canon T2i and a 300 2.8. These are Canada's Paralympic swimmers heading to London.

SummerMortimer-portrait001-best-sml.jpg

NathanStein-sat-f009-sml.jpg

NathanStein-sun-h001-sml.jpg

KatarinaRoxon-sun-h006-sml.jpg

ScottPatterson-sat-bk004-sml.jpg

KatarinaRoxon-sat-h022-sml.jpg

AmberThomas-sat-f0072-sml.jpg

RafaelCastillo-ECU005-sml.jpg

I like these! In almost all of the shots you see these people as athletes, not as "handicapped athletes".

The last one is the exception, of course, but I think it makes the most dramatic statement. "Yeah, I'm missing a leg. So what?"

To me, ALL of these say "We are sports people!", no more than that. Which is - so I assume - what they are meant to say, and thus they succeed. Whether you see the handicap or whether you don't: what this is about is their sport. And I like that aspect.
As much as I like the use of light - natural where it feels right, flash where that one's needed. Good choices.

Thanks for the comments, it's a really dark pool, and I found some creative uses for the light that was there, everything was shot during competition as well, which does help add to the images. The one posed shot was a quick one, only had a minute to shoot it, and ended up shooting 5 frames, I would have liked to shoot it without a flash, but time didn't permit avaliable light.

Most reactions

Back