Paris, quite tricky

Caly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi guys,

hum if you can please c&c this. I'm quite happy about it but...

dsc0098w.jpg

I think it can be improved...

Cheers,

J.

It took me the a while to figure out what it was I was actually looking at.

I would say too many distractions, and no clear subject to rest your eyes on.

Except for one little problem, I would absolutely love this photo.

Paris is chaos and this photo conveys it nicely enough. Another thing I read in there is the fact that the art world is also chaos. Maybe because it is also quite a reflection of reality...

My only problem is the grey blob in the lower right corner. You? If it you, you may want to go and reshoot this while wearing the brightest color clothes possible. Other than that, I would not change one thing.

Right in the middle, art meets reality in gloriously bright colors. Of course, that may not be what you saw or meant at all but I couldn't care less. That is what art is about. To each his own way of doing things and his own way of seeing things. His/her of course.

Dominantly, you need to open your mind :) Smoke a little smoke, maybe. Ok, probably not the best idea in your situation :lmao:

Except for one little problem, I would absolutely love this photo.

Paris is chaos and this photo conveys it nicely enough. Another thing I read in there is the fact that the art world is also chaos. Maybe because it is also quite a reflection of reality...

My only problem is the grey blob in the lower right corner. You? If it you, you may want to go and reshoot this while wearing the brightest color clothes possible. Other than that, I would not change one thing.

Right in the middle, art meets reality in gloriously bright colors. Of course, that may not be what you saw or meant at all but I couldn't care less. That is what art is about. To each his own way of doing things and his own way of seeing things. His/her of course.

Dominantly, you need to open your mind :) Smoke a little smoke, maybe. Ok, probably not the best idea in your situation :lmao:

Cheers cloudwalker, glad you got my point, I think one has to know Paris to get it.:D

And yeah, the grey blob, is me lol

I do know Paris but I don't think you need to know it to get what I got. What I said can be applied to any big city such as NYC, Chicago, London, etc.

"And yeah, the grey blob, is me lol" So, are you going to try and fix it or reshoot it to make it a more colorful blob? :)

I do know Paris but I don't think you need to know it to get what I got. What I said can be applied to any big city such as NYC, Chicago, London, etc.

"And yeah, the grey blob, is me lol" So, are you going to try and fix it or reshoot it to make it a more colorful blob? :)

Just bought a Brazil T shirt! ;)

I like this picture. Is it a multiple exposure, or just several reflections? One suggestion I have is to crop the beam on the right side.

Very good, though.

Cool picture. The middle painting looks a lot like Friedensreich Hundertwasser's style (just covered his work in a class I'm in this semester).

All the reflections are just too distracting for me.

two thoughts from a noob,
first, I wonder if you could get a stronger reflection of the city with a muted undertone of the artwork if the lighting in the gallery were less? Not like you could do anything about that one but something I was wondering.
Second, if you stepped to the right would you be able to get the reflection through the arch to align with the colorful village painting on the wall? I wonder what the image would look like if the reflection of the building was overlapping the painting. Just some thoughts as I likely will not make it there for a long time. . . .. .

It's an interesting effect but it is very busy, and I think you would have to reshoot and really plan the effect (perhaps with multiple exposures or something) to make it look like more then accidental.

(e.g. make it look like the painting meets a real street scene -- not like you are shooting through the window into someone's private gallery)

This is a great challenginf photo!! and I am in love.

But I do agree with Scatterbrained, I really wanna make one step to the right for 2 reasons:
1. It looks as if there are 2 pics in one separated bu the line, so if you step the line will move and the photo will look assymetric. That will be a great composition
2. Because of the reflection that Scatterbrained talked about.

Other than that- great and innovative perception!!!

Hi All thanks for your comments, appreciate it.

For sure I'll reshoot this one, and try and be patient this time... :greenpbl:

I'll keep you posted as soon as I have a better cliché of this.

In the meantime, This pics shoud be good only this tree doesn't fit in, it would be better if it were on the left corner.
dsc0094kc.jpg

But I have some ideas about how making it better.

The situation has potential. You know this now, keep returning and something good will happen.

Hi guys,

hum if you can please c&c this. I'm quite happy about it but...

dsc0098w.jpg

I think it can be improved...

Cheers,

J.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back