Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
dsc0297n.jpg

dsc0302x.jpg

Quite average pics but I'd like C&Cs, :mrgreen:

ps: got a bunch of 'metro pics'

Last edited:
Caly

I am not sure if it is my screen, but both shots are out of focus and very blurry.
What were you trying to show us?

If you're going to shoot through glass use a lens hood, maybe a rubber one that'll press up against the glass (thanks, Derrel).

ISO 1600 shows a lot of noise on your camera, I'd avoid using it for anything other than fun snapshots. 1/10th of a second (on your first one) is a bit too slow for a hand held shot which accounts for the blur.

If you want to take night shots definitely get yourself a tripod - a cheap one is better than nothing - use a longer shutter speed and you'll get much better results.

I'm jealous of your location though, Paris is beautiful. Keep working at it, you have a nice Nikon DSLR.

Ouch,

Well the Eiffel Tower is quite impossible to shoot from the metro, so I tried. And the other one is supposed to show the speed and what the metro driver sees everyday. I thought those povs were original but I agree on the poor quality, the idea just went trough my mind but I probably need more skill and work to make these look good. ;)

Edit: Cheers Reznap!

I kind of like them.

The second one is obviously shot from the metro but I think that the first one is too and, in that case, a tripod would not make much of a difference.

The question I can't keep asking myself is whether or not those are cool accidents or were given some thoughts. Your exposures are pretty good. There is noise but that could be your camera and, in those two shots, it does not bother me that much anyway. The composition is alright. Etc, etc.

But can you take a good straight photo?

Last edited:

I really did not intend to be abrasive or anything in the least bit. Last thing anyone needs when starting out is to feel discouraged.

I like the 2nd one and the light trails are cool. Just have to keep in mind things like reflections and glare from glass which separate high quality images from 'snapshots' as people call them around here.

Really, taking pictures from a moving train at night is a bit of a recipe for disaster I think but you're getting a feel for what happens when you use different settings in different conditions which is a hard (albeit good) way to learn.

I think when you take photos of something stationary, like a building or tower, you're able to put a lot of thought into it (time of day, angle, elements in foreground) and I think you should keep that in mind and try again. Please do actually, I'd love to see more Eiffel Tower shots, especially at night.

Keep that ISO down around 100 (or is it 200 for Nikon?) and use a tripod. :)

I kind of like them.

The second one is obviously shot from the metro but I think that the first one is too and, in that case, a tripod would not make much of a difference.

The question I can't keep asking myself is whether or not those are cool accidents or were given some thoughts. Your exposures are pretty good. There is noise but that could be your camera and, in those two shots, it does not bother me that much anyway. The composition is alright. Etc, etc.

But can you take a good straight photo?

Well thanks Cloud (are you related to lukesky or anakinsky, just kiddin)

Maybe these one are better, but no so 'paris'
dsc01165v.jpg

dsc0099e.jpg

^ I really like those two.

Colors are great in the 1st one and I like the lines and composition of the 2nd.

I like both of the new ones better than the two you originally posted. Sorry.

Very nice. Especially the first one.

It still does not show me you can take a straight shot but, at least, I can see that whatever you are doing is intentional. :thumbup:

Would love to know where that building is... I may want to shoot there someday.

Caly
Okay, now I understand what you were trying to accomplish. I am sure you will work on it and improve.

The last three shots of the buildings are very nice. Each for its own composition. I love the building with the mist/clouds/fog at the top.

I'm not so sure but i think i read some were that your not aloud to post the light show of the eiffel tower online.

dsc00401x.jpg

I think that's better...

^That last one your posted is beautiful. Great shot. Most people will say you should have used a flash here but I kind of like that my eye is drawn to the pretty sky.

Most reactions

Back