Parrots (3 ways to improve the pic?)

Well.. I looked hard.

1. The front parrot's face looks slightly over exposed on the white areas. Maybe a bit more contast would fix that (if you have it digitally).

2. Ummm... no 2.

3. Um... no 3 either.

Nice shot.

Ok so this is really picky, but you wanted three:

1. Focus on the subject. The red macaw is boring in this picture. I'd say he's not actually adding anything. Try zooming farther in on the blue and gold macaw and making an entire photo of this close up crop of him. (This might not be possible, if that's the case it's an excuse for a bigger lens :)

I think the ideal crop for this would be tight on the b&g macaw's head, with his tail feathers reaching the left edge of the frame.

2. The branch coming out of the red macaw's head is distracting.

3. What's the story?

I have so saw that the best thing (in my opinion) is to fill the frame with one bird, making him the sole, isolated subject. I realize this isn't always possible due to lens limitations. Regardless, this is a cool shot and the back bokeh is super smooth. What lens did you use?

Thanks for the replies.

3. What's the story?
I took around 5 shots of the birds at the zoo. This one was the best.
andycurtis said:
What lens did you use?
Sigma 70-200 f2.8 EX

It was fully extended. No way I can afford anything longer. Not now...

Maybe a 1.4 teleconverter though... :wink:

1. i would like to see just one parrot. or maybe use a picture of the two parrots that shows a better relation between them, because this photo has two subjects that are each completely oblivious to the other
2. maybe move to the left so that you see the branch they are sitting on more directly. the rest of the tree is distracting.
3. dont sharpen so much

aside from that, great colors and detail

Most reactions

New Topics

Back