Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
_DSF7417.jpg

Attachments

• _DSF7416.jpg
    _DSF7416.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 70
Beautiful bird! Good shooting, nice sharp focus, I hope you don't mind I took the liberty of making a few adjustments in Lr to adjust the WB and bring out more of the detail in the red feathers. Red was my nemesis, for a long time. It's so easy to lose detail because of the inherent nature to over saturate, but with a little coaxing it can be beautiful.
_DSF7417-2.jpg

Both pictures are real nice, but the second one shows a lot more detail with the changes made.

Beautiful bird! Good shooting, nice sharp focus, I hope you don't mind I took the liberty of making a few adjustments in Lr to adjust the WB and bring out more of the detail in the red feathers. Red was my nemesis, for a long time. It's so easy to lose detail because of the inherent nature to over saturate, but with a little coaxing it can be beautiful.
View attachment 179349

Nicely done.

View attachment 179349
What Steps did you use to do this? It turned out awesome!

View attachment 179349
What Steps did you use to do this? It turned out awesome!

First thing was to adjust the white balance, more to the warm side. Added a little contrast, decreased the highlights, raised the shadows, adjusted the whites and blacks, added texture, clarity and decreased saturation just a tiny bit. Set a medium contrast tone curve, went into the red channel and dropped the red slightly in the highlights on the feathers, used a sharpen mask and a little noise reduction. Then used an adjustment brush to decrease the exposure, and added other adjustments to decrease the saturation and bring out the details on the red feathers. Finished with a radial filter over the bird to tone down the bright background.

I did not add anything to your image, you had all the elements there, I just changed the presentation. Having a good image to start is the key to post editing.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back