Part of a suspension bridge...

BadRotation

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
What do you guys think. Im beginning to learn how to use my 20D on full manual mode.

Shot in B/W with sepia toning.

Prolly not up to par with most of the photos on here, but I like it alot.

It was one of the cables for a pedestrian suspension bridge out in the middle of the woods. The cable was nearly 2" in diameter.

suspension1small5wd.jpg

thanks for the compliment.

Hopefully more people will post.

Like I said, I am just learning how to use full manual mode..

looks good. a little over exposed.. but good

chroix said:
looks good. a little over exposed.. but good

I agree with the overexposed part. The meter on the camera showed it was acually underexposed by a bit, but it came out overexposed.

Im still trying to get a feel for the correct exposure without totally depending on the meter.

Nice photo. Did you use any of the filters with this shot?

i got a 20D almost a month ago, Im still having fun messing about with the manual mode. I havent really used it on full auto at all, would just make it a very exspensive point and shoot

JohnMF said:
Nice photo. Did you use any of the filters with this shot?

i got a 20D almost a month ago, Im still having fun messing about with the manual mode. I havent really used it on full auto at all, would just make it a very exspensive point and shoot

Nope, no filters, and so far I only have the kit lens.

OT not the best Critiques over there huh. just a bunch of equipment whores :) :wink: :)

very crisp shot!

you'll find that over/under exposure can actually compliment certain photos. I think in this case the overexposure makes it look better. If it were underexposed it wouldnt look nearly as good IMO.

I recommend that you get a gray card and use that. It will solve your exposure problem. You probably know all/some of this, but the camera meter reads everything for middle gray, so if it's not middle gray, it's not going to be exposed correctly. Good depth of field choice. I feel like the sepia look is a little too predictable, but that's just my opinion. The size of the print lends itself well to the subject matter.

I like it. Seems to be well exposed and I like the dof and sharpness and of course the amount of details on the chain or whatever it is :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back