Partial moon from a few nights ago...

David A

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was bored and my brother and I were using his telescope...I decided to shoot through the telescope and I have some decent results...

farframed3qf.jpg

closeframed6gw.jpg

awesome captures David! i can't for the life of me catch a good moon shot.

good to see you again...hope as is well :thumbup:

JonMikal said:
awesome captures David! i can't for the life of me catch a good moon shot.

good to see you again...hope as is well :thumbup:

Thanks...if you want I can throw up the EXIF...believe it or not, THESE WERE SHOT WITH THE KIT 18-55! :lmao: I had a little help from a different lens, though. :mrgreen:

Anyway, yeah, it's been a little while since I have been on...college stuff is finally done and I am ready to have some fun again. :)

Cesium 911 said:
Thanks...if you want I can throw up the EXIF...believe it or not, THESE WERE SHOT WITH THE KIT 18-55! :lmao: I had a little help from a different lens, though. :mrgreen:

Anyway, yeah, it's been a little while since I have been on...college stuff is finally done and I am ready to have some fun again. :)

good to hear!

yes, please post the info. :)

JonMikal said:
good to hear!

yes, please post the info. :)

1st image:

ISO 800
F-stop: 4.5
Shutter speed: 1/125"
Focal Length: 35mm
Exposure Program: Manual
Flash: Off

2nd image:

ISO 800
F-stop: 5.6
Shutter speed: 1/60"
Focal Length: 55mm
Exposure Program: Manual
Flash: Off

The whole secret to these two was getting the telescope and camera lined up perfectly as the moon was coming into the lens on the telescope. Once it was actually a decent shot, I took a few of them and finally got a few that I liked. Anyway...you'd laugh if you saw the full zoom (55mm) at the moon with out the telescope...it's a HUGE difference...

Anyway...that's about it...just get the telescope and camera set up on tripods and you're good to go. Oh, and I'm sure you already know this one, but the moon seems to like to move around from time to time...from this last experience, I found that for a nice crisp shot, anything faster than 1/60th is best. :)

Hope that helps...

thanks David, i'll certainly give that a try! :thumbup:

Great moon shot and gorgeous detail. Well done!

David!
You took your time in saying "Thank you" :D ... what kept you away from us here?
Look at all those who replied to your post - and where are they now? No JonMikal here any more, no MyCameraEye, no Rob ... but many, many new faces around here! And me. Always here, still the same. Cheerful :D.

David!
You took your time in saying "Thank you" :D ... what kept you away from us here?
Look at all those who replied to your post - and where are they now? No JonMikal here any more, no MyCameraEye, no Rob ... but many, many new faces around here! And me. Always here, still the same. Cheerful :D.

And following suit it's only apropos that I thank you a month later! I am very busy with school, cars and a girl...I'm still shooting but it's finally (and literally) paying off for me...nothing like supporting a habit with that habit...and for the lucky for a little extra! :mrgreen:

So what happened to JonMikal? And Rob? I do see all of the new faces...and, of course, you. :)

I'm still the same David A...just slightly older and I have more facial hair now. :lmao:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back