GFX 50R
f/22.0
ISO 160
1 Sec.
GF 80mm f/1.7 R WR
63mm Equivalent

(Processed In LR & PS)

20210618-untitled-11-Edit-Edit-Edit.jpg

Thanks For Looking Any Comments/Criticism Will Be Appreciated.

Cheers,

Enezdez

I like this. Good exposure and ccomposition framing, all in all solid, interesting shot. This would be a good spot to hang out for a day and explore the angles and light.

The only thing I might suggest is to lift the blues just a tad in the shadows.

Awesome photo! For some reason the photo reminds me of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

That's a great looking spot!
@Dean_Gretsch Yup it is...

I like this. Good exposure and ccomposition framing, all in all solid, interesting shot. This would be a good spot to hang out for a day and explore the angles and light.

The only thing I might suggest is to lift the blues just a tad in the shadows.
@smoke665 Thank you, they are doing construction work near the red structure...I will return at the end of the year or Spring of next...

Awesome photo! For some reason the photo reminds me of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.
@Mike Drone Thank you very much...

Cheers,

Enezdez

Love the general composition. Hopefully some constructive feedback (which is of course very subjective): 1) I'd have liked to see the bridge a little lower with a tad more sky (maybe a tad wider focal length) 2) This may just be a personal taste thing, but to me some parts of the image look a little too saturated - especialy the greens. 3) Some parts of the image (like at the top of the falls and the bottom of the falls) appear blown out with no detail. Not sure if you used a ND filter, but maybe a 3-to-6 stop ND would have tamed those blown out areas on a long exposure, but then you still could have brought out the shadows a bit in LR.

Also, just to the right of the bridge, there is a tall tree with some sort of object (street light?) the left of the tree. I'd try to PS that out.

Still a great shot. If you still have the original, I'm thinking with all the highs and darks in the rocks it might also make a really nice B&W image.

Nice shot but I believe the blue and green are too saturated and vibrant. Simple fix.

Love the general composition. Hopefully some constructive feedback (which is of course very subjective): 1) I'd have liked to see the bridge a little lower with a tad more sky (maybe a tad wider focal length) 2) This may just be a personal taste thing, but to me some parts of the image look a little too saturated - especialy the greens. 3) Some parts of the image (like at the top of the falls and the bottom of the falls) appear blown out with no detail. Not sure if you used a ND filter, but maybe a 3-to-6 stop ND would have tamed those blown out areas on a long exposure, but then you still could have brought out the shadows a bit in LR.

Also, just to the right of the bridge, there is a tall tree with some sort of object (street light?) the left of the tree. I'd try to PS that out.

Still a great shot. If you still have the original, I'm thinking with all the highs and darks in the rocks it might also make a really nice B&W image.

@BasilFawlty I used B&W ND Vario Filter...as for the lamppost I am going to keep it...it's an environmental portrait is it not?

Nice shot but I believe the blue and green are too saturated and vibrant. Simple fix.

Now as far as the saturation mentioned by you both @BasilFawlty and @K9Kirk, I will consider it, if & when I use this image in the future...

Thank you for your inputs...

Cheers,

Enezdez

as for the lamppost I am going to keep it...it's an environmental portrait is it not?
I had no way to know what your intentions were. But it's your image - I was just offering my objective observation without knowing ahead of time what your vision for the image was.

Good advice.

Awesome composition but the colours are too much saturated .. I believe also that f/22 will bring more visible softness due to the diffraction than it will bring the DoF .. but I have to repeat myself, composition and the scenery is great !!

Awesome composition but the colours are too much saturated .. I believe also that f/22 will bring more visible softness due to the diffraction than it will bring the DoF .. but I have to repeat myself, composition and the scenery is great !!
@ntz Thanks for your input regarding diffraction and f/22, it's a non-issue when using a medium format camera due to the larger sensor. Please note diffraction still exists with medium format just as with any camera/lens combo regardless of format. However, the lens must be closed down much further than f/22 before it manifest itself when using medium format...it's just physics...

Cheers,

Enezdez

@ntz Thanks for your input regarding diffraction and f/22, it's a non-issue when using a medium format camera due to the larger sensor. Please note diffraction still exists with medium format just as with any camera/lens combo regardless of format. However, the lens must be closed down much further than f/22 before it manifest itself when using medium format...it's just physics...

Cheers,

Enezdez
What MF camera were you using?

Most reactions

Back