Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
St. James's Palace, London.

All comments appreciated.

Tuna

Patience.jpg

Well, since no body else has a comment I'll give my amateur opinion....

My eye keeps jumping around and doesn't land on anything. If the people were not in the shot I would love it, but I'm sure that's impossible. Actually at first I was thinking "Patience" was referring to you waiting for the perfect shot that never happened.

The buildings in the background are beautiful, but the crowd spoils it for me. Don't know if it's possible to take up this location, but a shot from behind the guard with the crowd in the background would have been fun.

Story time. (This is the end of the critique. Stop reading if not interested in my silly little stories)

I had a photography teacher who said he went to London and was taking pictures of a royal guard from about 5 feet away with a 500mm lens. Was taking extreme close-ups of the gold buttons against his red uniform. They were really great shots. Anyway, he was they type of guy who would blow through rolls and rolls of film trying to get the perfect shot. After about 15 minutes of him shooting the guard (who isn't supposed to move or talk) he whispered out of the corner of his mouth sternly "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" He answered he was a professional photographer and was taking pics of his buttons. A tourist came along and snapped a few pictures and walked away and the guard answered, “Oh.” :lol:

I've been there and have a few shots which I don't want to dig out. but if I remember correctly everything is already shades of B&W except the guard and his booth. I love B&W but this might have been a good time to use colour. I think the crowd of tourists is overwhelming but I believe that was what you intended. BUT when I was there no matter when I walked by there was a crowd. I think a more amazing shot would be the guard alone but framed the same way. (I was only there for a short time so I could be wrong). Or maybe one person staring back at him. I love photos that tell a story... :)

"Patience" is obviously referring to the guard. I don't know personally if I could handle having his job - being accosted by tourists with point 'n' click's all day long every day........... But I do agree that the photo does lack a solid focus. If it weren't for the title I don't know if I would get it right away.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back