Paypal,Is it safe?!!

There are always risks when you send financial information over the net. I have been using paypal for about five years with no problems but...

I hear the horror stories and I get the phony emails now and then. Paypal itself is secure in my opinion but there are people out there constantly trying to get your information to use themselves. These computer thieves are pretty good at making it appear that they are ligitiment.

I recommend paypal to my family with the additional advice to never answer a paypal email from inside another email. Always close the email and go to paypal direct to check it out. If it is bogus always report it immediately so paypal can close them down. NEVER NEVER give account information in response to an email inquirey, always close it and go directly to the source to inquire as to why they need it.

I've been using paypal for the last couple years for all my ebay purchases and I've never had any problems.. And I agree with the advice from mysteryscribe...

I have used paypal more times then I can count as a ebay reseller and a buyer. I have never had a problem. yesterday I bought a 20d + other gear from somebody on a different forum and payed via paypal. As you can imagine it was a larger sum of money...To my amazement, Paypal called me today to ask me if I had authorized the transaction of that amount. I was blown away at that kind of customer service. Just make sure you do your background checking on the seller and make sure they are legit.

Never had any issues with Paypal and used it for ages. Had a few with eBay though...

No problems here with PayPal. I suggest you consider the following:

1. Set up a simple checking account in a bank where you have no other accounts.

2. Use that account as the cash supply for PayPal. Transfers take about 4 days. Your exposure to loss is now limited [The total amount in PayPal and the checking account] as compared to using a credit card.

3. During the set-up process, you will receive specific emails from PayPal which relate to transfers of very small amounts. Answer these. Once the account has been set up, never open any email that purports to be from PayPal. Instead, delete it immediately and communicate directly with the PayPal site.

Yea I give Props. to paypal. But There is a Certin amount of Trust involved with Purchasing stuff Of the Internet. But Yea Paypal is a Secure way for Funding/ Forwarding Money. A++ on my half for paypal. I have prob. had about 50+ Paypal Transactions and only 3 of the 50 or so Turned out as bad news. So Yea. Its a Trust thing. But I can say i have a strong Amount of respect for PAyPAl.

The advice regarding not using link in e-mail is sound. In fact the same goes for any site in which you are exchanging information you don't want to be public. Banks, gas/electric/cable bills, Paypal, etc. Always access them by typing them into your address bar, or better, through bookmarks you created in your browser on your personal computer. (Of course, running a secure browser rather than IE)

I too have had Paypal for over 5 years and I would recommend them. They are very helpful and if you do ever have a problem then you call their 800 number and they will help out.

I even have a credit card that is linked to my Paypal account so I can use it for other then online items.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back