pc or mac?

• mac

Votes: 17 58.6%
  • pc

Votes: 12 41.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: Just saw the subliminal message. Very mature, and just another example of the Cult of the Mac.
Now THAT'S funny.

Coming from a guy who finds it necessary to write and essay about why he *thinks* Windows is better than OSX.

It would appear you're a card carrying member of the Cult of Gates.

That's ok, I used to be too... until that little gem called Vista came along. That was the last nail in the coffin for Windows in my house.

Then came the deal between Apple and Intel. Ooops. That deal put a serious kink in Windows market dominance. To this day we continue to see OSX's market share increase while Windows decreases. Microsoft realizes what a huge mistake Vista was and they're frantically racing to push Windows 7 out the door much like they did with Windows 3.0 to 3.1 (which you're probably not old enough to remember).

As for usability, that's pretty funny. Most everyone agrees that OSX is the standard by which friendly GUI's are measured. So much so that Microsoft is busy cloning many of OSX's features and trying to pretend they invented them.

02_introchart.jpg

-- From ComputerWorld Magazine

I don't care if people use Windows, it's no skin off my rear end. I used Windows exclusively since it was a DOS overlay starting waaay back in 1985/86 all the way into the 2000's. I still have an old Dell 9100 sitting here under my desk with Vista on it. I haven't turned it on in over a year, but it's there in case I need it for something.

So use what floats your boat. But to type some long winded diatribe about why Windows is superior to OSX when no one even attacked Windows is not exactly rational or "mature" as you put it.

Relax, and learn to live in harmony with OSX users.

ah well that makes sense, thanks!
I will just add here then...

I have a PC for everyday use and then a Mac to run photoshop and some other CAD programs. It only gets turned on every once in a while, like when a project is due or after a photo shoot for some friends or something

Hmm... should we add the PC v's Mac debate to the list of forbidden topics on TPF? They seem to get as heated as religious and political discussions sometimes :D

...anyhoo, I've had my MacBook Pro for around three years, and i won't be going back to using PC any time soon.

I don't understand all the techno jargon being used as to what is best, I just know Mac's are beautiful looking and feeling machines and i enjoy using it.

I run XP and Windows & dual boot which I haven't went into 2 months lol. But Xp is enough for me and since I was using Windows for so long I always get lost while working with a mac

I guess I won't vote because I recently got really annoyed with Windows telling me that it didn't like that I upgraded my hardware and that I needed to call Tech Support to get a new validation code so it's Ubuntu for desktop and maybe even for server when I get one up and running (although if I really wanted to spend the time my favorite is Gentoo with Fluxbox and a few fancy things...) but since you're not listing Linux distros I guess I'll have to not vote. (the afterstep window manager was cool but not fully where it needed to be so I can't pick that one.)

Now THAT'S funny.

Coming from a guy who finds it necessary to write and essay about why he *thinks* Windows is better than OSX.

It would appear you're a card carrying member of the Cult of Gates.

That's ok, I used to be too... until that little gem called Vista came along. That was the last nail in the coffin for Windows in my house.

Then came the deal between Apple and Intel. Ooops. That deal put a serious kink in Windows market dominance. To this day we continue to see OSX's market share increase while Windows decreases. Microsoft realizes what a huge mistake Vista was and they're frantically racing to push Windows 7 out the door much like they did with Windows 3.0 to 3.1 (which you're probably not old enough to remember).

As for usability, that's pretty funny. Most everyone agrees that OSX is the standard by which friendly GUI's are measured. So much so that Microsoft is busy cloning many of OSX's features and trying to pretend they invented them.

02_introchart.jpg

-- From ComputerWorld Magazine

I don't care if people use Windows, it's no skin off my rear end. I used Windows exclusively since it was a DOS overlay starting waaay back in 1985/86 all the way into the 2000's. I still have an old Dell 9100 sitting here under my desk with Vista on it. I haven't turned it on in over a year, but it's there in case I need it for something.

So use what floats your boat. But to type some long winded diatribe about why Windows is superior to OSX when no one even attacked Windows is not exactly rational or "mature" as you put it.

Relax, and learn to live in harmony with OSX users.

I have plenty to say here, but I'll just walk away to avoid further unpleasantness. My post began saying Mac OS is very good for a number of people, but not for me. I then went on to explain why. In a mac vs pc thread. If for some reason that offended you, I apologize, but there was no call to attack me.

(Oh, and if you want to submit a graph as proof of something, make sure it doesn't say "subjective" right on it)

And now I think this thread has run it's useful course - so if a kindly Mod will lock it before it degenerates further.... ;)

I have plenty to say here, but I'll just walk away to avoid further unpleasantness. My post began saying Mac OS is very good for a number of people, but not for me. I then went on to explain why. In a mac vs pc thread. If for some reason that offended you, I apologize, but there was no call to attack me.

(Oh, and if you want to submit a graph as proof of something, make sure it doesn't say "subjective" right on it)
You suggested Mac users live some sort of lie with all of these "myths", none of which were posted by any Mac user in this thread. You were talking down to Mac users in general given no one attacked Windows or said it was inferior to OSX. You also suggested we were all cult members.

The last time I checked, measuring the usability of an OS was a subjective test. Can you think of a non-subjective test for usability?

How about we virtually shake hands and agree that whatever you decide, either system will serve you well. No need to bicker over silly OS preferences, right?

Last edited:
Casual bystander here: Do I really have to lock it, just when it was getting interesting?

Oh well, if I must, I must...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back