pc to mac - reconfiguring EHD

paigew

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.paigewilks.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Has anyone here done this? I have a Lacie 4TB drive that I need to reconfigure for mac and that scares the crap out of me! What does this mean? Do I have to move everything off the EHD first?

Is this drive going to be either
A) the main hard drive that the operating system is on or
B) The system back up drive.
These are the only reason to have to do this. A mac can read and write to an NTFS drive quite fine.

If the answer is yes to A or B then yes the media will have to be removed as the drive will need formatting.

The only limitation to reading NTFS with a mac is the 4GB file threshold. If you need bigger than that they you will need to reformat to Mac OS Extended (Journaled).

The external stores mainly my edited images, I also back up new work that hasn't had a chance to be backed up by the cloud program. Right now I am able to use all the files from the EHD but when I try to save new files to it, it won't let me :(

Right now I have over 2 TB of space, so if needed I could partition it? and possibly reformat part of the drive? I'm so lost, the hardest part of being a photographer has been learning all this computer stuff!

Leave it alone, plug it in, use it. Your good. Storage is cheap, go buy yourself a second drive of equal size for backup.

Most reactions

Back