Peaches...coffee....cereal...not together, don't worry

photong

Typo Queen
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Although that might be interesting :)

I worked all morning to shoot the coffee (because I didn't like my first version). THe cereal is from the other day. I shot the peaches this morning as well. I stopped when I ran out of time with the sun. Umm...theyre more or less for my portfolio. I'm not sure. That's why I'm here..to ask for opinion. :) let me know!!

cer2.jpg

cer4.jpg

cer3.jpg

devartcereal.jpg

If tomorrow morning is sunny enough. I will shoot grilled cheese if not shampoo!! or soap...whatever I have laying around :)

Keep in mind I'm using window light. I have no studio lights.

I'm getting 4x6 prints tonight so I can REALLY see how they look. The coffee will have beans added to thr white blank patch in the corner so don't worry :)

Keep in mind I'm using window light. I have no studio lights.
Really?!?!

They look pretty cool to me. You've clearly thought about the placement of each object. I love that you've put coffee beans all over the place to. It gives it texture and negates the white space that you otherwise would have. Pouring the water was a great idea. The peaches rock to.

This is such a cool idea, and very cleverly solved!
But who took away the mess after you had spilled the coffee all over the place, even mixing beans with ground coffee ;);)???
I like the first of the cereal with the whole apple very much, and the peaches. And the coffee - isn't that self-evident?

I really like all the images except #1. Maybe a different angle. The coffee shot I like the best, excellent idea and set up. I swear we have the same bowls in our house. Looking forward to seeing more in the series.

Eric

ferny said:
Really?!?!

They look pretty cool to me. You've clearly thought about the placement of each object. I love that you've put coffee beans all over the place to. It gives it texture and negates the white space that you otherwise would have. Pouring the water was a great idea. The peaches rock to.

Thank you. Yeah the last coffee shot sucked A LOT because of the white space.

AIRIC said:
I really like all the images except #1. Maybe a different angle. The coffee shot I like the best, excellent idea and set up. I swear we have the same bowls in our house. Looking forward to seeing more in the series.

Eric

I don't really like it either. Some people LOVE it. I hate the apple. Myabe I can Photoshop that thing out.... :/ and put more cereal in it's place...i'll have to try one day.

LaFoto said:
This is such a cool idea, and very cleverly solved!
But who took away the mess after you had spilled the coffee all over the place, even mixing beans with ground coffee ;);)???
I like the first of the cereal with the whole apple very much, and the peaches. And the coffee - isn't that self-evident?

I had to clean my mess :( I did an ok job, but the vaccume did the mess that fell on the floor ;-)

Some people really do like the the creal image with the apple. I'm not too fond of it. The apple bothers me.

A very good attempt - food photography is very damn difficult and mega-bucks if you can get it right.

A few pointers though, if you're going to try again:

In the first shot, the apple needs to be freshly cut in half, and I don't want to see the inside of a raspberry - it's rude.

You know what's wrong with the second shot - missing beans in the corner. The metering appears a touch off - looks like you metered on the beans, so the drum is a little burned and the cup too. Perhaps a cream coloured cup and a gold reflector would help. To make a cheapo gold reflector, spread some tinfoil over an oven shelf, and use a yellow day-glo highligher to draw stripes on it.

The third shot needs more fruit.

When using summer fruits, lay them presentation side upwards (the skin side) and rub some sunflower oil on them and then spray them with an atomiser (or a greenhouse waterer) this makes that sweaty look and catches the highlights.

With coffee, try and present in a gold striped cup, this is the classic serving method. Make the coffee a bit stronger too, yours looks a touch weak - it should be so strong it stains the cup. Try a sugar pyramid in there as well - use an icing piping bag to make a tall mountain - use a white sugar.

All the images are a little cold, so a touch more gold will warm them. This stops milk going blue and really works on the highlights. You can probably fudge most of these things in Photoshop.

Well done again though - really difficult subjects!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back