Peacticing my LOW-Key....C&C

henryalg01

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hi i still practicing my Low key and i need input....like mentioned before all equipment from PVC and the light only tornado lights 45wtt = 240watt each, in this photo i used only 1 lighting ...sorry i really on a low budged to buy real equipment so i spent less $100 for softbox,backdrop stand,light stand. and lighting

$IMG_9553_pp.jpg

It's not quite there; the model is too close to the background, and theres spill on it. Move the model further away and flag or feather your.ight to keep the background black.

It's not quite there; the model is too close to the background, and theres spill on it. Move the model further away and flag or feather your.ight to keep the background black.

1.Move the Model firther
2.feather the light to keep background black

Got it... thx

btw how far the ideal model to background ? 1m ? 2m ? 3 ? 4m ? or even further ?

It depends a lot on your lighting and available space, but I generally find 2-3m is sufficient.

For this image:
549777_544195998945179_444634498_n.jpg

I had the model about 2.5m from the background (seamless paper) and used a single light, flagged on the back side to prevent spill on to the background.

hmmm ic..ic...next time i put my model more further and i will update again..thx

Moving the subject further away from the background can certainly be a benefit from the light spill, but additional light will create a separation (or pop) of the model and background. With only one light and a tight budget, you can accomplish this by simply wrapping aluminum foil around a faily large flat object or by going to an art supply shop and purchasing some white poster board or foam core. Stragetically placed, reflectors can make your models head from melting into the background.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back