Pelican Twins

WesVFX

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.wesvfx.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys, let me know what you think about this one... I went to the beach again a couple days ago and this was one of my favorites. I also added my Photography logo at the bottom, I'd like to know your thoughts on it as well... Thanks for your CC! :)

pelicantwins01.jpg

eh.... might as well throw this one in the mix as well...

palms1.jpg

Last edited:
hmm... after looking at the posted image, looks like image shack or my jpeg compressed my logo too much. Lemme make a few changes and see what happens...

Is this a HDR? It is a bit too saturated for me. The composition is nice though.
TJ

no it's not HDR... although I can see where you might think it is...

I love the composition, but agree that the saturation is too much for my taste. What does it look like B&W?

Love the colors.

thanks for your comments guys/gals :)

ok... here's different versions of the saturation comparison...

Original PP at top of page...
pelicantwins01.jpg

Saturation toned down a bit...
pelicantwins03.jpg

B&W only
pelicantwins02.jpg

The original one is the best looking one IMO. The desaturated one looks washed out and bleh.

The original one is the best looking one IMO. The desaturated one looks washed out and bleh.

I get a lot of people telling me my pictures are oversaturated... to my eyes, I love the more colorful look. But many people I suppose don't agree. So these opinions help a ton!

I get a lot of people telling me my pictures are oversaturated... to my eyes, I love the more colorful look. But many people I suppose don't agree. So these opinions help a ton!

I love your first one. Colorful is better I believe.

Im going with the general consensus. Im a newbie and think that the "saturated" one is beautiful. I love the colors.

Is this a HDR? It is a bit too saturated for me. The composition is nice though.
TJ

It is definitely an HDR candidate, eh TJ K?

It is quite an excellent photo with a subject, varying background and a nice foreground railing. Only thing I could find to really critique is that it might look better slightly rotated so that the corner of the building is straight up and down?

I think it's nice. I would have cropped out the carbage can and like RancerDS said, rotate it slightly just so the building is vertical. And they're not actually twins, the right one has his left foot up :lol:

TJ

It is definitely an HDR candidate, eh TJ K?

It is quite an excellent photo with a subject, varying background and a nice foreground railing. Only thing I could find to really critique is that it might look better slightly rotated so that the corner of the building is straight up and down?

good eye! I didn't notice that...

I think it's nice. I would have cropped out the carbage can and like RancerDS said, rotate it slightly just so the building is vertical. And they're not actually twins, the right one has his left foot up :lol:

yea... it was pretty tough getting this picture. I don't have but the one lens (18-55mm) right now because I'm broke LOL... So as I got closer and closer to the birds they kept wanting to "schooch" away from me :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back