Pelicans and Cormorants from yesterday

jedirunner

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
In addition to the GBH (separate thread), we also had some pelicans and cormorants that gave us some fun times. I'll post a couple of my favorites here:

I have lots of "normal" pelican swimming shots, but got a couple as it flew away into the clouds that I enjoyed, and caught a cormorant that had just found a fish. So these were a bit different from the normal shots I've gotten so far.

1. Fun clouds, though the pelican is a bit small.
p1862504689-5.jpg

2. Another in the clouds
p1854993504-5.jpg

3. Pelicans on the pond
p1696380103-5.jpg

4. Cormorant finds a fish
p1817395957-5.jpg

Fun times.

Kevin

Nice Kevin, like the last two...good focus and action in the last

All very good for various reasons.

#1, #2 - what's not great about a beautiful bird flying off into those magnificent clouds!

#3 - my favorite. I think the other pelican and the plant life, soft and out of focus, really make this one sweet.

#4 - I'm not as crazy about this one. It's amazing and a great catch (pun not intended) but it doesn't compare to the others purely from an aesthetic standpoint.

#3 my favorite. That fish looks too big for that cormorant!?
Nancy

Yes it does look too big! He did swallow it really quick. I have another couple shots, but they weren't as good as this one.

Nice Kevin, like the last two...good focus and action in the last

All very good for various reasons.

#1, #2 - what's not great about a beautiful bird flying off into those magnificent clouds!

#3 - my favorite. I think the other pelican and the plant life, soft and out of focus, really make this one sweet.

#4 - I'm not as crazy about this one. It's amazing and a great catch (pun not intended) but it doesn't compare to the others purely from an aesthetic standpoint.

Agreed, Agreed, Agreed. I think on #4 it's certainly not a great "photo", but was certainly fun to see and shoot.

Kevin

I think on #4 it's certainly not a great "photo", but was certainly fun to see and shoot.

Yes, that's what I meant and I knew I wasn't telling you anything you didn't already know. It's a crazy picture - hard to imagine the bird being able to swallow that huge fish!

Nice shots. 1 and 2 not a fan of bird butts, I have thousands of them, but I really like the background, makes for cool shots. #3 look great. #4 I always love watching Cormorants slurp down big sea creatures. Nice Job!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back