Pentax 21mm Limited Lens BF Issue

benjikan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just got the response from Pentax via their head office in Germany. They confirmed that there is a back focussing problem with the 21mm Limited exclusively. They offered to set up one of my bodies to work in conjunction with the lens, which I refused. I do not wish to take up one body exclusively for that lens. I am waiting on a firmware fix or a chip set change for the lens. I will use it in manual focus only. They are sending me back the two bodies and the two lenses i.e. the 21 and the 16-45 which didn't have a problem and focussed perfectly on the "0" calibration point. I will wait for the 16-50 f2.8 which I should have in ten days to use in lieu of the 21mm Limited. If it is anything like the Canon 17-40L lens which I used on 80 percent of my magazine work, I will probably do the same with it.

Ben

Hi, are you saying that there was a problem with your 21mm or with all copies of that lens? If it was just the one, why couldn't they simply give you another copy? If it's all of them that is very disappointing.

Thanks for the information. I've been considering either the 21 or the 16-50 so will be very interested in how they perform and how Pentax respond to this issue.

Most reactions

Back